A Traditional Zombie Apocalypse

Miriped

I was looking at a mod that I found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/2829/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout3%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D2829&pUp=1

It has potential and the night time/survival ideal caught my attention. But I want something a bit different. The mod is quite obviously dead.(it was updated in 09 I believe)

But enough small talk. I WOULD check to see if the author would revive it but he'd basically have to make an entirely new mod due to how its made.

What I want is a mod that follows a traditional zombie apocalypse like The Walking Dead or Dawn of the Dead(Megaton would make a kickass main settlement and helping Roy to get the Ghoul Mask would make it very immersive).

Anyway, ideas: It would take place directly in the fallout universe. Same concept with a few additions: Night time for safety, instead of daylight. Hordes and "Roamers"(think of them as solo zombies for target practise.).

Ghouls would be better kept so the need for new zombies wouldnt be an issue and it save time.

Slower Zombies.(I hate taking on turbo-ghouls)

You could rename them aswel. Slower ones would be named "Walkers". Faster Variants(equiv's to Feral Ghouls) would be called Runners. Just use your imagination.

Also, the need for lowering rarity of loot, ammo, food, ect is unneeded. FWE takes care of this.

I would like an Infection System but that would take a lot of scripting. That would be optional or for a later update(but Id prefer not to have it set in the base mod due to dire bugs. NPCs turning on a single hit. God mode glitches. Crashing when too many are turned at once. Ect ect)

It'd be much easier to not have them spawn at a door because of how that conflicts with A LOT of mod homes(bases basically.) I say this because if they instead have a certain area to spawn and respawn every 24 hours, it would make hideouts very viable. That coupled with a Basic needs mod would help immensely

Now it gets complicated: You could have more spawns depending on time of day: Day time would have more spawns, while nighttime had less. Or one could simply make day time spawns more powerful(so that it doesnt ruin that immersive feeling survival by saying "Its getting late. Im going to leave the horde for a few hours".

The reason Id like this is because the need to leave at night would make stealth extremely viable, whilst making daytime a near-suicide for say, a Scientist or some weak gun-jockey.

Anyway, reply soon. Also, I do not desire posts stating "Well that was already made ya newb!11!!". I do not care that a mod resembles my idea. I gave you a link to that mod and it only matches it in its Daytime-nighttime mechanic. That which I also desire to be "backwards"

Edited by Miriped