Running animations on the player

Khet

Right, I'm doing an overhaul of my Alternate Start mod and thought of something that I think would be an interesting little addition. What I'm wondering is two things. First off, how do I FORCE the camera into 3rd person and prevent the player from being able to change it? Secondly, how do I get the sleeping on a bed then waking up animations to run on the player and still have them actually on the bed? Is that something that is hardcoded and just for NPCs or is there some little trick I don't know about? I know that the animation is called BedRight and BedrightGetUp but can't figure out how to get them to run on the player while still having them -on- the bed.

If one or neither of these are possible I suppose it's no big deal. Just thought it'd be an interesting little thing to have.

Cube? And the birth cutscene isn't really a cutscene. It's just careful positioning of the player, locking first person camera and playing certain animations all based on timers. I know how to lock a camera position, but now how to force a camera into a certain angle (in my case, third person) and then lock it. Nor do I know how to get animations to play on the player regarding the bed.

I might be able to help. I know that in order to get an animation to play on a player you have to set up a package and use addscriptpackage in a script. I myself have been trying to get a player wake up animation to work which I finally found out how. I had other problems though. I could get the animation to play but when I took the package away from the player the person was frozen. The game would glitch out. It was strange because I had it Enableing player controls again but he still wouldn't move. So I ended up having to extract the wake up animation from broken steel. Oh and you could use DisablePlayerControls 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 to lock all controls. The Seven 1's are Different Variables To Lock Certain Controls. You can Find out what they mean on the geck wiki. just search disableplayercontrols.

Oh and ecksile, On the Cube mod they just use setpos and a little formula to be able to control the speed of the movement. All it is , is the Player not having control and they move the player where they want them to be , Set the position and the speed so the animation will play through, and then move them back. It's not that difficult. Me and My Brother are using it in our mod also, although I went a little farther and am able to set the angle and the direction the player is looking at any given time but it's still the same basic concept. Very Brilliant though. If you guys would like I could set up a tutorial about it.

I think that a simple DisablePlayerControls command without all the 1's will still disable all player controls. It is only really necessary to add numbers afterward if you want to include some 0's to allow certain controls to be available, like being frozen but still able to look around.

Hmm, thanks Skrye. I'm a bit weary on using something from Broken Steele but I'll see what I can do without it, and if I continue to run into the same problems as you I suppose that might be my only choice, or I just ignore this completely, heh.