Need help with custom summon

darkmaelstrom

Companions often get stuck inside doors. It happens a lot with CM Partners. It depends on the proximity of the door marker to the door.

If the companion is persistent, that is, it sticks around for a long time, you just have to move away from the door it's stuck in. When you get to a certain distance, the game engine moves it past whatever is blocking it. It may be that the collision for objects works only a certain distance from the player. If the companion is not persistent, it's probably easier to summon it again.

I don't know if there is a function in Oblivion script that detects whether or not the player has passed to another cell or not (I've only been working with the language for a few hours). I'll look into it though.

I found this bit while researching your problem:

Scripted spells behave unpredictably when running on an actor outside of the currently loaded cell. Some confirmed issues are as follows:

* Variables in the script become uninitialized;

* ScriptEffectFinish block may fail to run;

* For scripted abilities, a new instance of the script is created each time the player enters the cell with the affected actor.

Other bizarre results have yet to be confirmed or explained. A workaround is to add a scripted item to the actor's inventory.

So if that's the issue that's affecting your summoned creature, it could be a non-trivial problem.

I found this bit while researching your problem:
Scripted spells behave unpredictably when running on an actor outside of the currently loaded cell. Some confirmed issues are as follows:

* Variables in the script become uninitialized;

* ScriptEffectFinish block may fail to run;

* For scripted abilities, a new instance of the script is created each time the player enters the cell with the affected actor.

Other bizarre results have yet to be confirmed or explained. A workaround is to add a scripted item to the actor's inventory.

So if that's the issue that's affecting your summoned creature, it could be a non-trivial problem.

Add a scripted item to their inventory huh? Wonder what I'd need...

Ok quick question...it doesn't seem to follow me through doors very well...or at all sometimes. Any fix for that?

If it's a creature it needs to have an intelligence of at least 30 to follow through doors. There are also some doors, like quest related ones and a few others they won't follow through so summoning is the only option.

Ok quick question...it doesn't seem to follow me through doors very well...or at all sometimes. Any fix for that?

If it's a creature it needs to have an intelligence of at least 30 to follow through doors. There are also some doors, like quest related ones and a few others they won't follow through so summoning is the only option.

Aaaand that did it! Thanks :)