Your most unique Oblivion experience?

Herculine

Felling when i started OOO for fist time...My view towards oblivion changed... from average game to masterpiece

That was a whole new level of... anything, lol. +FCOM later. :sweat:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first memorable experience i think everyone makes with oblivion is the first step outside the sewers

just like sakura357 said...seeing that overwhelmingly beautyfull landscape of this unique world in

the morning while the sun is rising...i was at a loss of words in that moment...

anyway...another awesome moment was fighting some marauders in fort homestett...i defeated everyone of

them untill only the warlord remained...i nearly did with the last marauder and wanted to heal myself

with spells (i didn´t had portions with me) when he saw me casting the spell...but my magicka was down

too...so in the last room with that bridge i wanted to "fight to death"...and well...he steped on one

of these traps, was hit fell down the bridge and died...just before he could attack me... :sweat:

there were innummerable awesome moments in oblivion...simply a masterpiece...*.*

Now one not so memorable...When i started game for first time i was so disqusted with character menu...

"What happened with nice morrowind Char menu???"I thought "i ain't gonna play this for more than a hour"...well :biggrin:

I've always played these type of games SOLO (Daggerfall etc) but the AI for companions seemed so good in Oblivion from what I was reading that I took on a meat shield/companion (Stoker Wolff).

So I told him to go to sleep and he went off into the other room and laid down on that bed (that was amazing to me right there because I thought he'd just flop down on my bed in the master bedroom) then, when I woke up I went into his room to wake him up where he was lieing on the bed--and he scratched his nose while he was asleep!

It's the little things that make a big difference.

I've had a few glitches that were just really funny.

Once in Bravil, all the guards in town were chasing sticky fingers City-Swimmer all over town and she was running for her life! I followed them until finally she ran into the chapel and they all ganged up on her and killed her. I searched her corpse to see what all the excitement was about. Want to know what all of that drama was over? A carrot. A mere, single freaking carrot. I laughed so hard

Another time I went to one of the Daedric shrines and half of the worshippers were buck naked. Several different possibilities were running through my head that made this hilarious.

I have the cm Neeshka, who has her own unique AI, and she had a bounty I guess. All of the guards attacked her upon entering Skingrad. Before I knew it, every single guard ran to the entrance to join, and every cm with me was engaged in an all out brawl with like fifteen guards! I stood back and watched Neeshka, Stoker Woolf, Saerelith, Viconia, and my own custom cm partners fight these guys for about ten minutes. Very entertaining, as I have custom fighting and weapon wielding ai and both sides were very skilled and strong!

But the general experience of this game has been the most memorable for me. Quarl's texture pack, enhanced environments, tamriel travelers, and screen effects have been such wonderful additions, since I love to travel without fast travel just to look at how beautiful and ambient the world around me is.

This just happened a few days ago.

I was unloading my horse (saddlebags mod) at the Skingrad Stables (outside the West Gate I think). I looked over at the pen / corral next to the stable building. On the other side of the pen, next to a closed gate of the pen are six or seven sheep all grouped together, really close together. These sheep are not rotating around correctly, they are jumping around at 90 degree angles, not smooth animations, real jerky kind of stuff.

So, I go over there and start pushing some of them around, but they go right back to where they were. I then notice they are all in crammed into a small spot in front of the closed gate. I’m in the moment now and I think “Oh, all the sheepies want to go in the pen and hang out with the horses.”

So I stand back and open the gate. One of the sheep shot straight up into the air. Hundreds of feet into the air. It fell back down; wobbled a bit for a second or two and fell over dead. It was so unexpected and sudden I laughed and laughed. (Maybe it was one of those, “you had to be there” moments.)

In hindsight, I think it was a “physics glitch,” just like when you brush up against a table and plates go ballistic.

A side note is a sheep ran up sometime before this to the big West Gate, it’s head is pushed up against the gate. It is standing there even now. I push it away and it goes straight back to the spot in front of the gate.

Those sheep want in Skingrad for some reason. I think they are probably stealth / terrorists sheep. You know... wolves in sheep’s clothing. :-D

Using a Mod that Makes me countess of Anvil i attacked the son of the origional countess, the gaurds start running after me but the son gets to me first and hits me, now seeing as i'm the current ruler, the gaurds instead turn on him and in a group of usually 4 they set about trying to kill him (he's essential so wont die). then those 4 guards turn on each other and there you have a fine show, seeing who will be the last standing. I'll have to take a video clip of it as it's something i can get to repeat every time a reload before the fight. if you have the hillsborough estate mod give it a go (do it when everyone is in the main throne room).

Stepped out of the sewers and had the pop-up message saying that I could do anything I wanted. Opened the map and saw the size of the world and was almost intimidated at all the possibilities. ;) Started walking around, almost died when a dog ambushed me after hiding in the grass... actually dying after running into a bandit wielding a big axe, then being impressed with the combat system that actually takes some player skill / tactics.

First time encountering a minotaur... sneaking though a ruin and heard the deep grumbling breathing... my heart starts racing in anticipation of a tough battle. Seeing the hulking brute in the distance before it spots me... (the actual battle was a letdown in comparison to what I was expecting though... turned out to be nothing special).

More recently, one-hit sneak-attack killed a zombie in an Ayleid ruin and its body landed nicely in one of those cubby-hole graves. :biggrin: