Your most unique Oblivion experience?

Herculine

My most memorable moment came after I got Realistic Health and Realistic Fatigue installed.

At the end of an insane melee, me and a wraith of some type were standing on a pile of bodies, the last two entities still clinging to life.

I was almost dead, blurred vision, staggering. The wraith swung, I swung. We both hit

The screen flared red as my Longsword of Flames connected, then went almost black as health bar dropped to nothing and my character collapsed.

For about 15 seconds nothing happened, my only view was a jumbled pile of bodies and bones.

Then slowly my mage, Samantha, starts to pull herself upright from the midst of the carnage. She's Alive!

Holy crap that was intense.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was doing a quest in Shivering Isles, "getting information out of people", and at one point a guy got knocked against a wall, but remained standing, sort of. After a moment, he regained his composure and was now standing completely on the wall as if it were normal. Once he started to walk he teleported back to the floor. Unfortunately I wasn't quick enough to get a screenshot of the man who defied gravity, but it gave me a good laugh.

Other than that and a few random naked people, I haven't seen much out of the ordinary.

Camping overnight in a wilderness camp and being ambushed by bandits using Natural Weather Darker Nights. Its pitch black and all I can see is the shimmer of enchanted silver weapons and shields clashing together with my partners. The sky above us filled with millions of tiny little specks of light. I quickly equip my sword and slash out at the nearest glow, as I hear the whelp of my dog. And NOBODY messes with my dog.

Combat - The first time I ever took my Panther out hunting (Cheydinhal Petshop mod rocks :) ) after levelling him up. (I was level 21, stealthy assassin type so the Panther seemed the best choice) and he was my first companion-type thing. In one of the caverns we ran into a whole bunch of bloody trolls and I got a sever ass kicking whilst running for a bridge over a cavern for a more defendable location. I had a couple of potions of paralysis and used them to smack a few of the trolls off the bridge. Suddenly the rest of them started diving off there as well, and for a second or two I couldn't figure out why. Then it clicked, and I ran to the edge of the cliff, and sure enough, down there was my lil' *kittie kittie* cat, kicking the crap out of these poor trolls. Well, ok, he was damn near dead, and the fall was killing the trolls that we'd already injured, and those it didn't he killed in one or two strikes, or I hit with my bow or a fireball, but still, it looked fantastic, watching this panther battling off a whole pack of Trolls with very limited assisstance from me.

Gltchy - When I found cloud ruler temple and looked out over the scene (WHAT.A.VIEW) I knew there was something I would have to do. I spent about 1/2 an hour looking for a Wolf or similar beastie, an age and about 20 bloody health potions leading it up to the temple without hitting it back because I didn't want to kill it, and a further 20 minutes lining it up correctly... and then utilising the slightly dodgy vanilla version physics, crouched in front of he door with my bow of embers and fire arrows equipped, and as it leapt...

The shot was perfect. The Wolf was launched into the outer stratosphere, I think, and seemed to come down like a bloody & burning meteorite into town. Never did find what was left of it.

Gameplay - The very first time I played through the Sheogorath shrine mish. The one where you have to go to borderwatch and convince the populace the worlds gonna end. I'm not gonna say what happens as I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't done it, but its one of the first things I do on every playthrough now, and it always makes me smile. I think most of you will know what I'm talking about. :)

Jen

Mods - visual : The first time I walked into the imperial city with "Beautiful Cities" enabled. Especially the market place. I just stood there gawping for like 10 minutes. Bravil with Beautiful Cities and B & M combined had the same effect. Just like... wow.

Mods - Gameplay: Ruined Tail's Tale. Wicked, wicked, wicked quest. Unfortunately, I've never managed to get TotF (by the same author) to work... it never unzips properly using either 7zip or winrar. /sob

Mods - Combat: As above was exceeded this weekend... playing UV & DR together for the first time. OMFG... I lack the word power to put the effect of running these two side by side into writing. It takes some getting used to, but damn its worth the effort.

Mods - Magic. Midas. All the way. The visual effects to the spells, and the fact its such a complete and thorough overhaul, without unblancing the game as some do, make this well worth playing, in my humble opinion. Can't imagine my Mage without it now, in all honesty.

Jen.

A side note is a sheep ran up sometime before this to the big West Gate, it’s head is pushed up against the gate. It is standing there even now. I push it away and it goes straight back to the spot in front of the gate.

Those sheep want in Skingrad for some reason. I think they are probably stealth / terrorists sheep. You know... wolves in sheep’s clothing. :-D

There is an AI package for sheep to be following Uuras the Shepherd to the Skingrad high pastures and then they should return to the Sheepfold near Tamika's vineyard after they've done their grazing.

Probably a glitch where they kept trying to follow Uuras to his home rather than go to theirs.

I have a farmhouse mod I made in that area and Uuras visits everyday with his sheep, Toutius also comes and rides his horse around there in the afternoon and if you put some chairs outside you'll get all sorts of visitors coming up from the vineyards to sit down at mealtimes. Cool area to mod in for all the free AI visits you get.

Adding a respawning food barrel to the area will increase your visitors number too. Tamika doesn't mind a free feed and it stopped the guy who was trying to steal food from my NPC's being killed by guards when he headed back to town.

I've always played these type of games SOLO (Daggerfall etc) but the AI for companions seemed so good in Oblivion from what I was reading that I took on a meat shield/companion (Stoker Wolff).

So I told him to go to sleep and he went off into the other room and laid down on that bed (that was amazing to me right there because I thought he'd just flop down on my bed in the master bedroom) then, when I woke up I went into his room to wake him up where he was lieing on the bed--and he scratched his nose while he was asleep!

It's the little things that make a big difference.

I had something similar happen, when I took Stoker with me into ShadowCrest Vineyard. I sat down on the toilet, and he bolted from the room! It took me a stunned second to remember that he was just executing his AI package and looking for another chair to sit on!

So I go into this minor Aelid ruin and start killing the mage cult hanging out there. Walking down a corridor I then suddenly see a bundle of glass arrows right in front of me. They're arranged in a crossing pattern like some kind of star, and they're hanging in mid air with no support.

I leave the arrows alone long enough to search the nearest room, but when I return they had vanished.

That was wierd.

One time after the Shrine of Dagon quest, I headed to the IC market district. There, a couple of Mythic Dawn assassins were waiting for me, though I left the guards to deal with them instead. Sometime in the middle of the fight though, someone shouted the famous saying, "Someone's been murdered!" and as soon as the fighting was "over", one guard pulled a sword on another guard, who in turn pulled his sword out at the other. Another guard joined in the fight and soon there were several guards fighting with one another, shouting the words again and again of someone being murdered. Several of the townspeople joined in and by the time it was all over, about a dozen bodies lay in the middle of the Market District... I'm never going to forget that one... ;D