Expanding the Mod Community Network.

Skree000

Expanding our Fallout3 Mod Community Network  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in adding (or being added to) other fellow Fallout3 modders contacts to your MSN list?

• Yes all fallout3 modders are welcome to add me! (i can approve or block them afterwards anyways if i dont like them)
    • No thanks
    • Some fallout3 modders can add me... but id like them to PM me first for my email
  2. 2. If they existed, would you hang out or log into a Fo3 Mod Community Voice chat regularily?

• Yes! Teamspeak or Ventrilo is fine.
    • Yes, I prefer Teamspeak
    • Yes, I prefer Ventrilo
    • No thanks. Not my kind of thing
    • No thanks, I dont have time for that
    • I would give it a try, but dont expect me to be a regular

Hiyas.

Ive noticed that the key to successfully spreading community knowledge and ideas is communication.

The Nexus forums are a great place to throw ideas and people to meet up to collaborate on mods and the like. Through the Nexus we can share our ideas and progress....

but none of it is in real time. There is no way (aside from pms and camping out in your inbox awaiting a reply) to actually have some face time with other modders.

So in the spirit of furthering everyones mods i propose two things.

1. a Fallout Modmaker Community Ventrilo or Teamspeak server.

2. a Fallout Modmaker Community MSN contact list to share

For number one, we would need to ask around and find out if anyone already has the ability to host, or is interested in renting a ventrilo or teamspeak server for the community to use. (OR, if you already have a voice chat server from a guild or clan from a game that you are willing to allow us to use)

After answering the poll if you have anything to share on the topic of Voice chat server, please leave comments or any thoughts.

Would you go and login if you had any question to ask about modding? Would you hang out in there all day in the lounge and answer questions if you know the answer?

It would also be a great place where people can do try-outs for Voice acting LOL ;) Give your best austrian accent hehe.

Once we had a voice chat server we could create a few basic groups/rooms: Open Lounge, AFK and seperate ones for any big mod projects, or mod groups that want their own space. FOOK-users, Working in GECK, Nifskope... etc once it was around long enough, if the need arose for such divisions to sort it out (if it became popular, you wouldnt want people talking about nifskope to be trying to compete for the mic with someone talking about their favorite mutant mod)

For number two, all we would need to do is share our MSN (or other messenger contact email) with eachother.

One of the great things about messenger services is they allow you to Group up contacts and sort them. In my MSN i have 'Fallout Modding' group, as well as other groups for my other things. This is a great way to sort everyone!

Keep in mind, you can always block or deny contacts in your messenger from people who bug you or that you dont like. So dont feel like you are going to be harassed. You can always block any troublemakers ;)

To try to help spur on community networking and the spirit of peace and participation in awesome modding, ill start the ball rolling.

I am interested in adding (and being added to) other Fallout3 mod community members msn lists.

My MSN email for PM's is in my profile. Please add me if you wish to chat or have any questions i can try to help :)

It's quite a good idea I think. Not sure how many people have xFire but it has free built in chat servers. Could be one option. Also maybe a large FO3modding group in MSN would work as each member has to agree to be added to it.

I don't think I'd use this kind of network much due to the fact that I don't really enjoy hanging out in Vent, IRC or MSN unless it's for a somewhat clearly defined purpose. In the case of modding I usually listen to music while working on my projects, and seeing that I'm the kind of person who's having trouble filtering music from speech when both are blasted directly into my ears, I tend to do one or the other but not both at the same time - and if I have to pick between the two I'd be more inclined to enjoy the former rather than doing the latter and not enjoying it.