ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Enchantment experts: I could use some tips!

GingerArcher

Hey guys!

I could use some help/tips with a couple of enchantments I'm trying to set up for a mod. I'm currently at work so I don't have any screenshots, but here's what I'm trying to do:

The concept is a custom weapon and armor set that needs an enchantment to increase the gear's effectiveness, based on the # of people the player has killed. I found the PCmiscstat for "People Killed" and used it as a condition successfully. The enchantment worked correctly on the weapon at first, adding to MeleeDamage after the player's 5th kill. The armor enchantment, however, did not seem to work. There was no change on the armor regardless of kill count, even though the enchantments are set up the same way. Is this because the armor enchantments are constant rather than "fire & forget"?

The other issue, is that the enchantment needs to continue improving the gear as the kill count rises. I tried a few different things to make this work, but the 10th kill, 15th, 20th, etc had no further effect on the weapon. Is MeleeDamage the stat I should be improving with the enchantment? Or is there a way to specifically have it raise the damage of the sword itself? (This would actually be preferred, as the enchantment should not be in effect if this custom gear isn't equipped) Same goes for the armor, if I can get a similar enchantment working for it. Preferably only when the entire suit is worn.

Any help or advice that could be offered would be appreciated! :cool:

Just a wild guess, but it maybe since it's not actually the armour that is killing the enemy, but the weapon.

You say that the weapon section of the mod works, maybe this is due to the fact that the weapon killed the NPC?

I'm not a coding wizard, only know Python and some Lua. - Is the kills you're setting being recorded character based? Or is it just for the weapon entity?

Thought I'd share my thoughts, to try and help out :D

TehBrillfighter

Thanks for the assist, any help is welcome. :cool:

In both cases, the enchantment is *supposed* to be increasing a stat on the player (attack power on the weapon, defensive power on the armor) based on the # of people they've killed. This is actually a (global) misc variable that skyrim already keeps track of, so it was simple to attach it on the enchantments as a condition. Essentially, Enchantment becomes active when: peoplekilled >= 5. Since this is a global variable specific to the player, the fact that the armor isn't the item doing the killing shouldn't really make a difference.

The confusing part is that from what I can understand looking through them, the weapon one only working once then stopping makes some sense, because the enchantment fires off as soon as that count of 5 is reached. Apparently the further conditions to increase it at 10, 15, 20, etc are therefore never reached. The armor one confuses me more though, because it seems like it *should* be working correctly. Armor enchantments are considered a "constant effect," whereas weapon enchantments are called "fire and forget" where they only cast when the weapon is used in an attack. It makes me wonder if the armor enchantment being a constant like that is basically "locking" the enchantment at the initial stage where the kills are still 0.

Ugh, frustrating. :laugh:

As I said, I'm no sensei in mod code.

If there's a mod which is already existing similar (Changing weapon and armour values) Then maybe you could go and compare codes with that mod.

Just a thought,

TehBrillfighter

Edited by TehBrillfighter