Weapons Without Wanderers Edition

Dovahkiin1241

Hello all, I have a semi large mod request. There is a mod out called Fallout Wanderers edition which everyone knows about, well there is also a mod called the FWE Combat Overhaul that gives a bunch of weapons to the game. I want all of the weapons from the weapon overhaul...but I don't want fallout wanderers edition....soo is there any way to modify the weapon overhaul to take the wanderers edition requirement out or could somebody make a mod that is essentially the same as the FWE Combat Overhaul but it takes out the requirement of having FWE? help would be greatly appreciated.!

in my siganture, top spoiler tag, in the middle, there is a gold lit program, "Fo3 utility By Scripter Ron"

use that tool to make your self a fake master file for FWE.

install the overhaul mod and see if it needs other files....which it does, those files need replacements.

But, you can install combat tactics and have just about ever weapon there is too, + additional mods are fully compatible with it.

back to the request:...with that blank file, you can remove the master data requirement from the over haul esp header, use fo3edit to do this, save it, load that now into FO3utility and just save the file. now test it. there are going to be a lot of bugs and it may not even run.

The whole point of dependence was to alter the weapons in one mod set to not be "modified ever" by the author. a patch is a work around, creativity is abundant ,you can make your own patch for personal use, just don't upload it.

OR...! you ask the team for permission to use their assets, cut them out and place them into the overhaul kit, this you need both parties perms. still can't upload or share it.

last: make your own, use the methods and tools provided, they are there for you to use to do this exact thing.

use your mind ...think clear about what I told you.

kitty

Oye, that's a lot to take in...i don't really know what I'm going to do. I don't have any idea how to use the creation kit at all. I also have no idea how to make my own weapons. I'm just slightly annoyed at the fact that all of the major weapon packages for fallout 3 require wanderer's edition. There's nothing wrong with wanderer's edition, I just personally don't want to have to use that to get a good variety of weapons in the game. That's why I was hoping someone else would be nice enough to make a mod like that because I have little to no experience with modding at all, otherwise I would have tried to make the weapons myself. I only have very base mod skills and that is with the GECK for fallout new vegas.

at the top of FO3 files threads, there is a drop down for file categories, at the bottom is a list of "weapons".

I understand the frustration forced on you by all that came B4 you. By popular demand, authors used what was already there to their advantage, only problem with it is what you are now faced with. But, not all is lost, see, there are many more others that made these "weapons, with out the required FWE mod." but, heh. you have to sift through them and read.

The one reason Our team Stayed far away from the weapon Guild was this very reason. "Others assets"

nice? no one is going to stick their neck on the chopping block and use assets from some one else without good authority/ permissions and get stuck supporting said assets that do not belong to them in the first place. that's why the rules are what they are. one of many reasons we have problems.

But, most of what you seek still lays in my spoiler tags. Techinfo, mods, ISO images that contain a ton of mods all neatly wrapped up.

killer weapon mods that "DO NOT" require FWE.

so feel free to browse around, you will find what your looking for, this web site is the Largest in the world for this game.

have fun and good luck.

kitty

• 2 weeks later...

you need to split one mod from the other. unfortunately you cannot post the split mod on nexus due to permission issues however for your own personal use it works.

All you need is FO3Edit and lots of patience. You need to carefully prune all the entries so that they no longer require FWE. Even simpler is to get rid of everything but weapon and projectile and armor then remove all masters other than Fallout3.esm. Again, you cannot post this on nexus as is not legal.

You can create fake masters out of any esp/esm file by copying it many times and renaming them to whatever masters are required.

But honestly there are more complete weapon mods out there. The tactics one has most weapons I think. Fook also has many weapons Etc.