Insanity VS Evil

Marcus Wolfe

Important  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Evil
    • Insanity

I think the title says it all. The discussion is broke into 2 parts: where does one end and the other begin, and who wins.

In my opinion, insanity wins because insanity is much more primal, therefore more deep-rooted, therefore much harder to defeat than evil. But as to the beginning and ending.....I'm clueless.

Welcome the insane asylum, ladies and gentlefreaks! Mwahahahahaha... :devil:

Mental instability is the root of chaos because of unpredictability, chaos leads to unrest and inevitable terror. Evil is purely destructive, always predictable, as it only seeks one thing only - complete annihilation/dominance/whatever evil's goal is. Chaos has no real goal, except be cause more chaos.

As to the beginning and end of one sphere and the other, there is no definitive answer. Chaos can be evil, and vice versa. It depends on the circumstances under which evil and chaos manifest themselves.

I guess what really matters is how one defines insanity... Oddly enough there is no clear clinical definition, but instead a legal one. Insanity is simply performing an act contrary to what a person knows is right without willingly or intentionally wanting to perform that act. Evil is an act which is contrary to what a person knows is right, and is performed willingly and intentionally.

As for who wins... That depends on the criteria. Insanity is more unpredictible, and less likely to follow a direct course, while evil almost always follows some sort of direction. Based on this, evil would probably win out over insanity simply because it is a more focused act. Both evil and insanity can employ the same methods or forms, but evil usually utilizes them better. The biggest evil is not destruction, but instead corruption, deception, and manipulation... Ergo, evil begets insanity, and thus is responsible for any subsequent affects it might cause. Evil is less likely to be a guy in a red suit holding a pitch fork than it is to be a highschool guidance councilor (has to be some reason for people to land themselves in such a useless position).

I think the title says it all. The discussion is broke into 2 parts: where does one end and the other begin, and who wins.

In my opinion, insanity wins because insanity is much more primal, therefore more deep-rooted, therefore much harder to defeat than evil. But as to the beginning and ending.....I'm clueless.

insanity is GENERALLY uncontrollable therefore it cannot bond together with other insane people and become coordinated

evil can cause insanity, and can be more cunning and clever and organized.

But we must remember that insanity can happen anywhere at any time....

insanity is also not a choice, while being evil is (not according to christianity, but i wont go into detail about that)

Evil is ruthless, and is sometimes intergated with insanity. Evil has restrictions, and is patient, while insanity is just basically going nuts

Insanity and evil are not mutually exclusive. One can be both insane and evil. Much evil is looked on as being insane anyway. They have to be crazy to do that. There is even a term for those evil insane people - they are called psychopaths.

You can be insane without being evil. But can you be truly evil without being insane?

Insanity and evil are not mutually exclusive. One can be both insane and evil. Much evil is looked on as being insane anyway. They have to be crazy to do that. There is even a term for those evil insane people - they are called psychopaths.

You can be insane without being evil. But can you be truly evil without being insane?

and evil is sometimes something you are forced to do. the starving child stealing food. The poor man in need of money to pay his bills. The husband who is trying to rescue his kidnapped wife. The man defending his life (an eye for an eye kinda thing, but it can be brought to the point of evil if you keep attacking when the opponent stops resisting you with offense)

bare with me, as i heard this a while ago

if you dont like religious stuff, dont read my post

i was discussing religion with a friend, and evil came up. people say that since god created everything, then he created evil, and therefore is evil. my friend came up with a good point from something he had read. "evil is just the absence of god"

there ya go

I guess what really matters is how one defines insanity... Oddly enough there is no clear clinical definition, but instead a legal one. Insanity is simply performing an act contrary to what a person knows is right without willingly or intentionally wanting to perform that act. Evil is an act which is contrary to what a person knows is right, and is performed willingly and intentionally.

As for who wins... That depends on the criteria. Insanity is more unpredictible, and less likely to follow a direct course, while evil almost always follows some sort of direction. Based on this, evil would probably win out over insanity simply because it is a more focused act. Both evil and insanity can employ the same methods or forms, but evil usually utilizes them better. The biggest evil is not destruction, but instead corruption, deception, and manipulation... Ergo, evil begets insanity, and thus is responsible for any subsequent affects it might cause. Evil is less likely to be a guy in a red suit holding a pitch fork than it is to be a highschool guidance councilor (has to be some reason for people to land themselves in such a useless position).

I have to agree with the majority of this, Insanity and evil are matters of perspective. For instance, is it insane to want to hurt oneself? I think not, but many would disagree. Evil, and laws, are based of the current moral code, honour killing for instance.

Yes, yes you can, based of what your definition of insanity is.

To answer the question though,

In my opinion there is no such thing as insanity, it is a fabrication of man to explain what it fears. Evil, well hell, I think that the majority (if not all) of man is evil.