From Source games to Fallout

fubbzie

indeed sir, well i have my DDS textures and my .nif model, but when I go to say create my own pistol based off the normal 10 mill, such as a glock. I created a new form and went to change the model to the glock and got "Invaled directory" is there a special place i have to keep my .nif files for the almighty G.E.C.K. to pick them up?

quite a large fail from me :P

so i put pistol.nif in the meshes folder and the pistol.dds in the texture folder but whenever i try to use the pistol.nif it uses the red and white error texture and dosent list my dds as an alternative.

well im gonna get some sleep so if you post a fix I'll get back to you tomarrow, thank you for all your help, I'm quite positive that I will have this done by tomarrow night.

to put the textures on them you can either use NifSkope or, and a bit easier imo, create "Texture Sets" in the GECK

There a few short tutorials for both ways and I think if you read/watch those it will be easier than if I try to explain it (e.g.

) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

hmm, today I searched my hard drive for some old CSS-weapons and I decided to give it a try and bring them into Fallout, I'd love to have more pistols :happy:

ok, downloaded the Source SDK, cannonfodder mdldecompiler, blender's .smd-script and VTFedit for the textures

successfully imported my pistol-model into Blender, flipped and resized it to roughly match the 10mm.

I decided to do the hammer/trigger/clip/slide-stuff later, the weapon is a single object, since a have to learn that first (I'm doing this to get used to Blender ^^)

Then I tried exporting it as a .nif, but it just told me there's an error with "imported_armature". Iirc, the console said I have to disable envelopes if I have vertex groups. Fine, searched the internet, but didn't get a good result, so I just randomly clicked through different menus and in the end I decided to simply delete the armature (6 or 8 vertices next to the pistol iirc).

That did work, I could export it and I opened it up in NifSkope. But there I noticed that the pistol is all grey and not white like other ni-files. Checked "Texture -> edit UV" and yes, there was no UV-map...

Does this mean I have to unwrap every .smd I import again? :confused:

are you still having texture problems on your models Fubbzie?

if so you might want to ensure your not having an Archive Invalidation problem, or ALSO make sure your ini file (located in your MyDocs/MyGames/Fallout3/ folder is setup to allow custom content!

• 1 year later...