My castle doors need help!

caine150

Ok, so Ive been working on a castle mod. I understand that in order to create an interior cell you need to have individual doors over the doors of the exterior cell...I hope you know what Im talking about. But here is my problem...In the TES Construction set the doors are perfectly in place over the exterior doors. They match up just right. But when I go to play the mod the doors are all screwed up, they are off center, at a different angle and not at the right depth. I am quite stumped and not sure what to do! I am not using any script on the doors either. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Caine150

If you're putting your door on an existing building, another mod may be moving that building slightly. If this is a building that you placed into the world yourself, then make sure you're not loading a saved game that included your mod, as you may have moved it since then, but the saved game isn't updating the building's position.

It's still possible that some other mod may have accidentally moved the church a bit even though their mod has nothing to do with the church. It happens sometimes. Things to try:

• Starting a new game, with all your mods active. If it's correct with a new game than it's probably your saved game's fault.
  • Disable all mods except yours. If this works without starting a new game, then it's probably the fault of another mod.

This page will tell you all about doors and how to connect them between cells.

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index...s_Between_Cells

Also when testing your mod make sure you don't use a save that already has the information from your mod in it. New additions either won't show up or will be incorrect. Always use a clean save or don't save at all in game with your mod activated when testing.

In my editing and play-testing, I move things around all the time. It is not very fatal. Often you can get near-instant results to see how things will look. If the change doesn't appear immediately, it will often appear if you wait a bit, or if you load your second or third-newest savegame. You won't necessarily need to start a whole new game back in that prison cell. Just try some old savegames.

It might even be a load order problem. Your mod should be last in the list, then it should override all other conflicting changes to Cheydinhal Church.

In my editing and play-testing, I move things around all the time. It is not very fatal. Often you can get near-instant results to see how things will look. If the change doesn't appear immediately, it will often appear if you wait a bit, or if you load your second or third-newest savegame. You won't necessarily need to start a whole new game back in that prison cell. Just try some old savegames.

It might even be a load order problem. Your mod should be last in the list, then it should override all other conflicting changes to Cheydinhal Church.

Things change when it comes to doors and activators... You may be able to move statics and npcs around but when it comes to activators they remain static at the position where you have the last savegame.