Rens beauty pack problem.

koduoyoyo

I downloaded rens beauty pack from http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4431 and i am having a problem. my character has pink skin and her face is only a floating jaw. also the hair doesnt work on the base races. i have no other mods installed besides the one that makes the dark elf prisoner across the way from your cell talk to you. I have been working on this all weekend. :wallbash:

any ideas as to what the problem might be or solutions are EXTREMELY apreciated. :thanks:

Doesn't sound like you have the mod properly installed. The pink skin and floating jaw means you're missing the meshes and textures. Did you install those folders from the archive? If you did, make sure your directory paths are correct.

The hair isn't set to work on the vanilla races. You either have to do it yourself in the CS or install a mod that does it for you.

You can try the Comprehensive Style Collection (http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=24077). It's a huge download, but it gives all the vanilla races a bunch of different hair and eye options.

I personally prefer LFact's compilations because they're excellently done but they're more difficult to install for a beginner.

what other mods are installed and a load order would help

He already said that all he has installed is Rens and the Custom Race Fix. No need for a load order for that.

As far as your problem, I agree with mimanda. Be sure you have the mod installed correctly.

what other mods are installed and a load order would help

He already said that all he has installed is Rens and the Custom Race Fix. No need for a load order for that.

As far as your problem, I agree with mimanda. Be sure you have the mod installed correctly.

my error,I beg your pardon.

Thanks alot guys. i did place the texture files in the correct place the first time... i think. just to be sure ill check that out. and thanks for the info about the hair and the vanilla characters. but is there any way (besides the character not working) to see if they are not placed corectly. (ie. location of file to place textures/ meshes would be a great help)

all in all thanks for the help so far and if you can answer these last few questions you have my appreciation. Thanks for helping out a new modder.

The meshes should be in the Data folder with the following paths: "Meshes\Characters\Ren\Eyes", "Meshes\Characters\Ren\Head", and "Meshes\Characters\Ren\Hair".

Textures have the following paths: "Textures\Characters\Ren\Eyes", "Textures\Characters\Ren\Ren_MysticElf", "Textures\Characters\Ren\Ren_MysticElf_tt01", and "Textures\Characters\Ren\Hair". In addition, the Ren_MysticElf and Ren_MysticElf_tt01 folders contain "Male" and "Female" folders.

An example of the full path for eye meshes on a default installation would be "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\Ren\Eyes".