saving after Oblivion XP causes monitor to turn off

JURD

Hey

I am running Oblivion XP and DarkUId DarN along with Elys Uncapper. I also have some other armor and skin texture mods too. Everything was fine until I installed Oblivion XP and the Uncapper. Now when I hit quicksave or regular save my game hangs for a second then my monitor turns off or has the orange light lit. I can still hear the game music running and the game does save properly. But I don't know how to get back to the game other than completely restarting my PC.

What do you all suggest I do? Just uninstall it or does that Wrye Bash program fix things like that? Thanks for any help.

you could try hitting tilde (`/~) and then hold alt and press tab and that might do it, some times it can be because of an overtaxed graphics card, and you may just need to switch out of the game screen, or you may try using the qqq command to make the game quit, just hit tilde and type qqq and then enter

Thanks, I'll try that. Overtaxed graphics card? Hmm..It is brand new and it has had no trouble with oblivion yet. I have to confess it is a ATI HD 3850. Yes I'm still on AGP.. but apparently it is the best old school card right now.

Just saving the game taxes the card? That's weird, but I'll see if your suggestion works. I hope there is a solution that I don't have to do that every time I save though. Thanks for the tips.

the reason i say that is that its possibly a graphical memory problem, a lot of cards borrow ram when running, and obviously games take quite a bit of ram to run, if your overtaxing your graphics card and it is borrowing ram to run, saving could create a ram problem, and it could couse your game, or even your entire computer to crash

it's just a thought though

I would If I could. I used oblivion mod manager to deactivate Oblivion xp and it still did it. Then I tried deactivating DarkUId DarN. NOW the game crashes during the Bethesda start screen. I really fudged it up now. I deactivated and cleaned DarkUId from the system using OBMM. And It still crashes. I just now erased Elys Uncapper from my system. Hopefully that will help. If all else fails I have my data file backed up.

Update..I installed Wrye Bash like some people have said. I hoped that would help fix my problems, but the game still crashes. I think I'm out of luck. I can't even load saves from the very beginning of the game. Do I just have to uninstall and erase all traces of the game and start over? I would have dealt with the game save issue over this.