saving after Oblivion XP causes monitor to turn off

JURD

If you decide to uninstall, write down all of the mods you use and like. OBMM has a utility to save the list of mods you have installed under the Import/Export button.

If you want to try to save your installation and need additional help, it's probably a good idea to post the list of your installed mods.

I had the HGEC Guts body with higher resolution textures. A set of armor. And it was working fine, then I decided to try that Oblivion Xp and the dark UI which I installed before Oblivion XP I installed everything required for it then all hell broke loose. I have my data file backed up with the Unofficial oblivon patch in there. Can I just replace what is currently there and see what happens? Or do I just start all over?

Are you talking about the Data folder? If so, try renaming the old Data folder (to something like "Data-broken") then copy the backup Data folder into the Oblivion directory.

Also, check for the latest drivers for your graphics card.

If you're still crashing, try deleting your oblivion.ini file and let the game create a new one for you (you might want to try this first).

Oh no, I already uninstalled Oblivion and used a eraser program to wipe everything from my hard drive that was left over to start over fresh. I didn't even know you could delete the ini file. :ohmy: Now that that is done, what can I do to have good mods installed and avoid this problem in the future? Other than leave the game as it is.

I was using OBMM first then added Wrye Bash. Neither helped the crashing. Maybe I should start using them right at the beginning instead of later. I guess I need to be more careful what mods I add. From what I learned, stay away from anything using script extender or changes the game's operation. I guess I have to find out how to make a character and level it properly so it will not be gimped later on. I'm starting to become "gun shy" about this modding business. :(

You probably wanted to use OBMM and/or Wrye Bash right from the beginning. They don't help as much if your installation is already nerfed (although they can help if you're proficient in their use).

Start with OBMM. If your download is not an OMOD, learn how to make it into one. Read and follow the documentation. If you need help with it, post a clearly detailed question about your issue.

Ok, update. I did a complete reinstall and it STILL turns my monitor off. I am starting to think that there is something wrong with either my graphics card or power supply. Here is what I have in my ancient system.

3.0 P4 with HT

2 gigs of RAM

Asus P4P 800 Deluxe mobo

ATI HD 3850 AGP ---Brand New (requires 30Amp 12v rail) running AGP hotfix driver

Corsair HX 620W ---brand new- 3 18 Amp rails-----this may be the problem..not enough amps?