mesh to game

jackpack

didnt you post a screenshot showing an armory with like 50 weapons you got in game? o.O didnt you use nifskope for those?

you told me that you only go into nifscope to check everything's ok & apply textures?

when i do wepons i swap them in nifscope with vanillas.

its other stuff like a building iv got that i want to have geometry & colition instead of being able to walk thru it. i copied my mesh in max & then applyed a rigedbody to it but as i said, theres nothing showing up in preview so im doing something wrong!.

Hi!

I never made a weapon before but i guess you need to have a custom collision mesh to fit your object better.

Whenever i made a world object for my clothing outfit I just mostly followed the Miaxs tutorial here.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6107

Theres a new nifscripts version for blender at least tho so just the part after exporting. You need to use the bsfadenode option when exporting but i guess you do that anyway with weapons. If you make armor you gotta have it off tho.

Anyway in that tutorial your supposed to copy the tristripsdatas for both the visual shape and physical shape over to a vanilla mesh that has collision but the havok shape requires a special process.

basically when you get to the havok part you gotta get rid of the bhkconvexverticesshape or whatever the vanila collision shape it is with block remove.

then you select the bsfadenode and insert a new bhktristripsshape, thats in the havok block menu list.

Then you select the bhktristripsshape and change the settings of material to what you want and make it have more than 0 on num strips data. i never tried having more than 1 tho.

when you hit enter a stripsdata thingys gonna appear under num strips data. this is where you copy your collision tristripsdata into. so do that.

then you go back to the bhknitripsshape and right click it and go havok pack strips. and it creates a bhkpackednitristripshape

you delete the bhknitristripsshape with block remove and then block copy the bhkpackednitripsshape u just made.

select your bhkrigidbody in the bhkcollisionobject and select the shape thing in block details and paste the branch there.

finally you can remove the bhkpackednitristripsshape thats sitting on the root level.

Then make sure u got the shaders set right and tangent spaces updated. for me it worked fine in the game with custom collision.

You really should look at the tutorial tho cause its got pictures. I wrote all this just cause it makes me remember more and also. woondering if the havok support in the mre recent nifscripts has improved to where you dont gotta do it all or something.

nice one baduk.

i was thinking is hear to help was gona show me but he's being a bit of a sh!thead along with his boyfreind?.

---

tony, only you & a select few think thats a good idea.

personaly & if you look at all my responces to ppl posting in hear you will see a good way of doing things :yes:

example:

"looking for something"

hey buddy :)

i think iv seen that hear but if not you can look at the "what *** is this" & see if its been posted in there before & if not you should make a reply in there as thats what its there for ;)

---

ps: stop being a fkn noob & get a better attitude, its ppl like you that make forums unfreindly & youv already had 2 fights because of it..... is it not telling you something?

ps: if you dont like my advice then go talk to an admin or budha & ask him what responces you should be makeing to ppl asking for help.

so you didn't even a little bit funny... :mellow:

well, I guess I can't please everyone :wink:

shure a couple of others never found it funny?... but i see it now haha, just the angle i was looking at it from.

no u cant please everyone, you can only try & it only harder when ppl decide thay dont like you for some reason o_O

my attempts to be funny usualy end up offending people because sarcasm doesn't carry over as well on the internet as it does in a real conversation...

I pretty much view the whole costant swarm of noob questions as a big running joke, but not everyone is in on the joke, but I don't plan on lettig that stop me... I will keep going untill it stops amusing me or one of the mods gives me another warning...

then I will crawl back into my little corner and work on my mod