Help deleting texture files.

SaltyFry

So I'm trying to install the project beauty mod and in the instructions it says to delete some specific "headhuman" files in the textures folder. The problem is the texture folder is in a Bethesda File Archive which I can only access with FOMM. Even then when I locate the files I'm not able to delete them. Only extract them to another folder (which still leaves them in the original one as well.

I have done the Archive Invalidator (tried both automatic and manual versions with no luck). I've scoured the forums for a solution but the only ones I find is to execute the Archive Invalidator which hasn't helped me very much. Any help is very much appreciated.

you can delete stuff from the bsa by unpacking it and then repacking it without the file. dont do it

dont delete the bsa either.

You want to have archive invalidation invalidated. and if you have it installed properly there will be a new bsa in your data folder called ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa

*edit*

I cant believe what u were saying and i looked at the readme for project beauty.

Its funny cause some people like you wont have the files they say to delete.

You need to read the basic guides on how to use mods so you wont get confused so easily and you need to read readmes morecarefully also. you completely skipped over the part that recommends using fallout mod manager, instead of the manual way.

you can get archive invalidation invalidated by installing unofficial fallout 3 patch

you can delete stuff from the bsa by unpacking it and then repacking it without the file. dont do it

dont delete the bsa either.

You want to have archive invalidation invalidated. and if you have it installed properly there will be a new bsa in your data folder called ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa

*edit*

I cant believe what u were saying and i looked at the readme for project beauty.

Its funny cause some people like you wont have the files they say to delete.

You need to read the basic guides on how to use mods so you wont get confused so easily and you need to read readmes morecarefully also. you completely skipped over the part that recommends using fallout mod manager, instead of the manual way.

you can get archive invalidation invalidated by installing unofficial fallout 3 patch

That's my whole problem. I am using the Mod Manager (as stated in my original post) but I still can't do anything except extract the files. I also have done archive invalidation (also stated in my original post) and there is a new bsa in the data folder. I'm not sure what I read wrong in the readme because it says specifically "After you have deleted all of the files that have “headhuman”, go to the Project Beauty II folder that you downloaded."

I don't mean to be rude, please don't misunderstand, but you kinda just told me to do what I said I did in my first post. I guess I'll try more readme files. Perhaps project beauty was a bit ambitious for a first mod.

you completely skipped over the part that recommends using fallout mod manager, instead of the manual way.

What the readme says is that if you use fomm you dont need to do anything else. just play.

The part about deleting files is only for people who dont want to use fomm and are doing it the manual way.

What the readme says is that if you use fomm you dont need to do anything else. just play.

The part about deleting files is only for people who dont want to use fomm and are doing it the manual way.

Oh, haha. I feel like a fool. Thanks so much for your help.