Trouble with esp overwrite

Solzer

If this has already been asked and answered, I'm sorry. Ok, after I start up the Construction Set, and load the esm. I do my mod and save. No trouble, however, if I have to go back and do something with that same mod, If I try to save over my previous progress, CS just hangs their, and I have to use Task Manager to close it. Does anyone know why that is, and, how to fix it?

If you are using Vista or Windows 7, reinstall outside of the "Program Files" directory (i.e., "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion" should be "C:\Oblivion" or something similar. The "Program Files" directory is protected in Vista and Windows 7 and causes problems for Oblivion mod users.

If this has already been asked and answered, I'm sorry. Ok, after I start up the Construction Set, and load the esm. I do my mod and save. No trouble, however, if I have to go back and do something with that same mod, If I try to save over my previous progress, CS just hangs their, and I have to use Task Manager to close it. Does anyone know why that is, and, how to fix it?

I take it that you have your mod as the active file.If so,when your done adding or editing your mod,click data,scroll to your mod click on it.A window will appear asking you if you want to update the esp,click yes or ok,using the save feature on the bar is not the method. hope this helps