currently working on a mod for myself, but i need abit of infomation..

keylek3

hello, i am currently working on a predator race mod for myself [the predators from movies like alien vs predator and predator] and i am using divine angels meshes and textures, like so far i have converted the predator textures from Roberts male body for oblivion to fallout, so they now work with the fallout version of Roberts male body. but i need a little info/help. as anyone should know by looking in the nifskope, the mesh type in oblivion is different from that in fallout, so i am asking that does anyone know how to turn the mesh file so it can work for fallout. i also need to know how to link meshes to their textures, because fallout meshes in the nifskope connect textures completely differently to oblivion ones, when i learn these two things, i should be able to get this custom mod working for me, i may also make it as a proper mod, if i get permission from divine angel to publish it and also if i get this information i need.

... but now here is the annoying bit, for people who may think this is illegal, it is not, this only would be illegal if i was converting meshes made by bethesda themselves to fallout, but because these meshes are not made by them, it is allowed, and also divine angel will not mind about this because this is a private mod, it is only if i publish it i will need to ask divine angel can i publish it.

so if anyone could tell me what to do to help me, please tell me, or please point me into the direction to a guide which is easy to understand so i can use that to get the information i need...

i think its the same as rigging an armour.

you need 3dmax & then you open the human male & skeleton in it & then import your preditor.

then you need to add the fallout3 skeleton to the preditor & stuff...

its a lot of work!.

look for an armour tutorial & then theres a tut for getting creatures ingame in the download section.

OK then, well i may give that a go, but i have tried to copy the meshes over to a fallout nif, but it said that the mesh is of an older version, so it is nothing to do with the skeleton, so i think i need to just update the mesh somehow, i know that will save me alot of time, like a program which can change nifs would work, maybe something similar to g-mod, but not g-mod because i do not think that it will work with this, but i do not know...