3DS Max -> Nifskope Static Mesh Issues

Demeggy

Hi all,

I'm trying to import my custom static mesh justto see if I can at least get it appearing ingame.

I exported the large console unit from FOMM and imported it into 3DS Max to scale my model upto a reasonably similar size, then exported my model as a .nif.

I've got a problem when I get to nifskope though.

It appears that my model seems to be folded 'inside out'. Resetting the X-Form doesn't help either, as the model still appears to be folded' inside out.

Below is a link to the two images of said model;

The Two Images of my Mesh

If anyone could help at all, I'd massively appreciate it.

try right click > mesh > flip normals

hmm, I dont seem to be able to find 'Flip normals'

There's "Face normals" and "Smooth normals", but I can't find 'Flip' anywhere at all?

Could it be something to do with the mesh I'm copying the data over to?

make sure you are using nifskope 1.0.20

mine has this option right between smooth and face normals.

Right click NiTriStripsData yeah? I can see it below them there, but it doesnt appear on the menu in the preview... I've tried to flip them but nothing's changed in the viewer :S

Wonderful! Thanks guys, I had to flip normals in max, then reset the x form, and hey presto, it works :)

With regards to importing it into GECK, would I still need to paste nistrips data over an existing .nif, save it as a new .nif and then import that way?

Yeah. If thats just a simple ornamental object like a vase you only need to copy the nitristripsdata onto the data part of the block details panel on the target nitristrips block.

If you need to make a custom collision oject tho you have to do kindof a special process tho. I posted about that recently on this thread.

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=151835

cheers buddy :) Right little meshing wizard aintcha :P

Yeah, im now getting a NEW problem... trying to load up an exported vanilla table from the game, but it just keep sfiring up this bloody eror in nifskope (using the latest btw; 1.0.9)

""device position incorrect after block number 0 (BSFadeNode) at 459 ended at 459 expected 551"" 
""device position incorrect after block number 2 (hkPackedNiTriStripsData) at 559 ended at 875 expected 2910"" 
""device position incorrect after block number 3 (bhkPackedNiTriStripsShape) at 2910 ended at 2914 expected 2966"" 
""device position incorrect after block number 4 (bhkMoppBvTreeShape) at 2966 ended at 2982 expected 3651"" 
""device position incorrect after block number 5 (bhkRigidBody) at 3651 ended at 3671 expected 3887"" 
""device position incorrect after block number 6 (bhkCollisionObject) at 3887 ended at 3891 expected 3897"" 
""device position incorrect after block number 7 (NiTriStrips) at 3897 ended at 3909 expected 3998"" 
""device position incorrect after block number 8 (BSShaderPPLightingProperty) at 3998 ended at 3998 expected 4052"" 
""device position incorrect after block number 9 (BSShaderTextureSet) at 4052 ended at 4052 expected 4142"" 
""device position incorrect after block number 10 (NiMaterialProperty) at 4142 ended at 4142 expected 4190"" 
""device position incorrect after block number 11 (NiTriStripsData) at 4190 ended at 4190 expected 41932""

Sigh, lol.