What causes the NPCs to freeze in place

ahmadawad

In some point in the quest stages the NPCs in a cell freeze in there place and do not move to do there AI and even if i start compat with them they go to compat mod but also WITHOUT moving, they shoot at me if i am in there way otherwise they act like they can not find me

I am really angry as there is no obvious reasone for them to do that,

no linking between the quest and the cel,

:unsure: so anyone have answer for me ,,,

edit: even the quest dose not triger it, when first enter, every thing work fine, if i traveled for a distant and come back the freeze :(

In some point in the quest stages the NPCs in a cell freeze in there place and do not move to do there AI and even if i start compat with them they go to compat mod but also WITHOUT moving, they shoot at me if i am in there way otherwise they act like they can not find me

I am really angry as there is no obvious reasone for them to do that,

no linking between the quest and the cel,

:unsure: so anyone have answer for me ,,,

edit: even the quest dose not triger it, when first enter, every thing work fine, if i traveled for a distant and come back the freeze :(

It's a bug in the game engine. If you reload a cell that is made as esp it looses the navmesh for the npcs. So they cannot move anymore.

A simple solution is to convert your mod to a esm with fo3edit. The other one is copy the cell and reconnect the doors in geck. There are more details in the geck forum om bethseda's site. I can't link it because i can't reach it in the moment.

Veteran ,,, thanks for replying,,, I know newipes like my say the most retarded questions,

I am now sooo confused, If i changed my esp to esm it will not recognise my assts and i will have to load poth of them every time I work in the mod ???? is it really that hard or I am that soft ???

at the end, thanks again

Veteran ,,, thanks for replying,,, I know newipes like my say the most retarded questions,

I am now sooo confused, If i changed my esp to esm it will not recognise my assts and i will have to load poth of them every time I work in the mod ???? is it really that hard or I am that soft ???

at the end, thanks again

While you are working on your mod it should stay as esp. I know its hard because you have to save and reload the game while testing constantly.

Before releasing it convert it to a esm so that the navmesh works.

Here is the thread i have written off in the previous post. In there is another method explained. But I think this one works only for interior cells. I could not get it to work in my troubled pitt exterior so my quest mod will be a esm in the end.