Fallout 3 Freeze After Level-Up

jesus1987

Hey all. I seem to have a problem with levelling up. I am veryyyy low level, as I have just started the game again. Now, when I level up to level 3, it brings up the skills points choices (small guns, barter etc) which I can do fine. The screen then goes to choosing the perk, which I chose as gun freak or whatever it is. Now, when I click 'Done (A)', it stays on the perk screen and the game freezes, can go to main menu or move mouse, yet the music carries on playing.

I seemed to have some trouble with the FOOK2 mod, whereby I have all of the add-ons (anchorage, the pitt etc), yet when I enable the FOOK2 DIK esm and esp to have compatibility with DLC's the game refuses to load a save game whilst in-game and crashes (sometimes to desktop). The game allows me to load a game fine from when I first load it up from the main menu, just from in-game when I want to load it freezes. I'm thinking that the fact I don't have FOOK2 DIK enabled would somehow be crashing my game when I level up. Or it could be another one of the mods I use (CALIBR, FOOK2, MMM, More Gore, MMM DLC add-on .esp's, MMM hunting/looting & tough traders, fellout and anaimated prossy). If anybody else has had this problem, please reply.

Many thanks.

UPDATE:

Right, just tried a trial and error approach. I disabled CALIBR.esm, FOOK2 - main.esm and FOOK2-main.esp, and now levelling up and choosing skills/perks works fine - No freezing. I noticed something with FOOK2 enabled though regarding the perks available. When it is enabled it seems I have the 'Black Widow' upgrade present, even though I am male, yet when FOOK2 is disabled it is missing. Wondering if this sheds any light? I'm thinking it may be activating dis-allowed perk's when I level up with FOOK and so causes a crash due to a error. If any body knows of a way to get FOOK working properly please tell me as I think it is a brilliant mod and don't want to have it disabled.