Sniper's Hideout

TonyaSolovyov

Looks good! I like the idea of using the sewers to get around, the Metros are my favorite part of the game. I would agree though that the huge sewer grate looks a tad out of place. You could just have the one manhole inside the shack that leads to a junction room to the various cities. This may not appeal to alot of people due to an extra load screen but its an easy way to keep the inside of the shack uncluttered. You may also want to consider turning the ammo crates 90 degrees & resizing them a tad down to fit laterally inside the slots of the cabinet. This way they arent poking halfway in/out of the cabinet's mesh.

Where is the actual house located? Out in the middle of nowhere? Downtown DC? Obtaining it could be something like the first time you went to Minefield. You are just wandering out in the wastes minding your buisness & some jerk starts shooting at you. To get the house you have to either counter-snipe or get in close enough to kill him before he kills you.

Anyway... just some suggestions.

/grainosalt

Looks good! I like the idea of using the sewers to get around, the Metros are my favorite part of the game. I would agree though that the huge sewer grate looks a tad out of place. You could just have the one manhole inside the shack that leads to a junction room to the various cities. This may not appeal to alot of people due to an extra load screen but its an easy way to keep the inside of the shack uncluttered. You may also want to consider turning the ammo crates 90 degrees & resizing them a tad down to fit laterally inside the slots of the cabinet. This way they arent poking halfway in/out of the cabinet's mesh.

Where is the actual house located? Out in the middle of nowhere? Downtown DC? Obtaining it could be something like the first time you went to Minefield. You are just wandering out in the wastes minding your buisness & some jerk starts shooting at you. To get the house you have to either counter-snipe or get in close enough to kill him before he kills you.

Anyway... just some suggestions.

/grainosalt

I changed the giant sewer grate in the first version (which I also took down because of a bug when you entered Megaton if you blew it up and you could let the ghouls attack Tenepenny without doing talking to anyone first). The entrance was one of the pipes sticking out in Megaton (as shown in the picture). I added a door grate and shrunk it down to size. Besides that, I really spiced up the metro, unfortunately, I took it down because of the bugs (I'm surprised no one noticed them) Thanks for the suggestions with the ammo box and the loading screens. I'm going to try and make everything in one cell so there is no loading screens for when I upload it. I'm thinking of making a whole new metro (full of ghouls and super mutants) and you have to fight your way through. After you fight your way through, you get a key that lets you sort of 'fast-travel' through the metro so you don't have to walk through the metro if you don't want to.

Best Wishes,

Tonya Solovyov

Hey Tony, hows the new version coming along, is it rereleased?

If you want it tested then just ask :)

I need to make a new system because if you blow up Megaton and try to enter through to tunnel... crash! I'm thinking about erasing the secret entrances completely and just making 'fast-travel' tunnels, which would work much better. I'm also going to change the whole "sniper" theme to more of a sciency character the mod doesn't conflict with major overhauls like FOOK. So the mod will focus around the four laser rifles (laser rifle, metal blaser, tri-beam laser, and the wazer wifle), and you'll be able to customize it with WMK and it will be compatible with EVE. I just need to work on a swapping system so you don't have to carry all four laser rifles around (You push 'M' and a menu will pop up asking you to exchange your current laser rifle for one of the other three). For the most part, I have it completed, but I want to make it so that when you swap the weapons, the condition of the weapon swaps also. I'll keep everyone informed.

Best Wishes,

Tonya Solovyov

Here is a thought for a one grate/manhole access to all the areas, have a pop-up menu to select the destination. Ive no clue if it is even possible though. I actually like the idea of a junction room with seperate entrances to the various destinations. Heck I would make the player go through miles of metro/sewer!

Fixing the two bugs with MT & TP would be easy enough I would imagine. Megaton would require a quest state check on the door to verify wether or not the player has blown it up. Easy enough to script, though I have no idea if you could attatch it to a door. Tennpenny may be remedied by moving the entrance from the generator room, say out back inside the walls or into one of the loos.

Here is a thought for a one grate/manhole access to all the areas, have a pop-up menu to select the destination. Ive no clue if it is even possible though. I actually like the idea of a junction room with seperate entrances to the various destinations. Heck I would make the player go through miles of metro/sewer!

Fixing the two bugs with MT & TP would be easy enough I would imagine. Megaton would require a quest state check on the door to verify wether or not the player has blown it up. Easy enough to script, though I have no idea if you could attatch it to a door. Tennpenny may be remedied by moving the entrance from the generator room, say out back inside the walls or into one of the loos.

The Tenpenny Tower fix is super easy, I just have to move the entrance out of the generator room, as you said. The Megaton fix is a little harder, and I'm not sure if I could script it (I'm not really a scripter, although I can edit other people's scripts quite easily). It would be easier if I got rid of the secret entrance into Megaton and just placed the entrance to the tunnel outside. Or I could mention in the 'Bugs section' not to use the entrance.

The pop-up menu for the destinations is very possible I would image; it would just have to wait until a later version until I learn how to script better. I do want something a little more unique than just going through another metro, so I'm thinking of making an advanced pipe system where you would go underwater at some points or anything really. I just don't think another plain metro would be good.

I plan on changing this from a sniper's hideout to a science type character hideout. The mod will have a couple focus points:

- The actually home with tunnels leading to the main cities (no secret entrances though-- too many conflicts); the main cities being Megaton, Tenpenny Tower, Rivet City, Paradise Falls, the Citadel, Little Lamplight, the Republic of Dave, and Canterbury Commons (am I missing any?).

- The home will feature all your basic necessities, but also a robot building system (I'll probably try and get permission to merge with buildable bots) and will have compatiblily with Laboratory Expanded and Mr. Lab technician.

- A 'weapon system'. The weapon system will focus around the laser rifle for now. When you press a hotkey (M), you'll bring up a menu that will let you exchange your current laser rifle for one of the other three uniques (wazer wifle, tri-beam laser rifle, and metal blaster). I'll also add compatibility for WMK so you can change your rifles with the mods on. Hopefully I'll be able to merge them.

- I also want to enhance the rifles with EVE.

- Since you can add a scope to the laser rifle with WMK, I want it that you can change the scope retitucle (10 different scopes) anytime you want.

- I want it so that you can change the ammo types and that would change the power of the gun. The ammo types would be (from weakest to strongest): energy cell, microfusion cell, electron charge pack, and alien power cell.

- Some other things I can't think of right now. (I want to retexture a lab vault uniform to the Outcast colors. I love the colors and I like the look of the vault lab uniform).

Best Wishes,

Tonya Solovyov