Open Cities.

TheAtma

One of my favorite Oblivion mods was the open cities mod, which removed loading screens and allowed you to open a door and seamlessly walk into a city.

Is this a possibility for fallout 3?

I've noticed that Fallout 3 isn't one whole interconnected, persistent world. This is quite evident if you noclip into the map; especially around the DC downtown area. Would this pose a problem?

puting megaton in with the rest of the world would be pretty cool but thats like the only city that needs opening.

rivet city is inside a ship and tenpenny tower in in a building. i would like to see megatom moved to the rest of the world but it requires mor modding expertise then i have. you would have to alter everything about megaton to achieve it. copy all quests, markers, navmeshing, characters, routines, and it might be hard to blow it up if its opened.

I made a town that is open to the Wasteland and have had to deal with some really odd occurances, like NPCs in the town appearing at locations far, far away and AI Package issues. I think that these might occur to Megaton residents also if it was open to the Wasteland. If I were to start my town now, I would put it in a separate worldspace to avoid the problems that I have seen, much like the way Megaton was done in vanilla FO3.