Ambitious Mod Project 1: Underwater Vault 99

OHWceta

Concept Sketches for the Vault  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Take a look at the concepts at the bottom of page 1, which version of the underwater vault looks the best and most functional?

• Concept 1
    • Concept 2
    • Concept 3
    • Concept 4
    • They all look bad, I'll let you know where you went wrong.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Concept 4 looks the best because the vault looks like it is collapsed and slopes against the beach.

Alright, here's my planned layout for the vault so far. It will consist of 6 floors (not including the main entryway), anything titled as old refers to before the support collapse resulting in vault lockdown and dangerous conditions for certain areas in the vault, and such anything titled as new is the makeshift replacement when the old one become unavailable.

Entry Level - Entrance, main computer terminal, storage 2 (2nd because it is unavailable until completing the main quest)

Facility 1 Basement 1 - Old overseer's office, old overseer's quarters, living quarters sector 1, main database, public bathrooms, manual override for door lockdown (submerged after the floor and support structure collapses, only reachable from the outside.

Facility 1 Basement 2 - Interrogation room, holding cells, old security office, old armory, bathrooms for security personal only.

Facility 1 Support Ring - Old cafeteria, gaming hall, bar, marine preservation area.

Facility 2 Basement 1 - Living quarters sector 2, bathrooms, new overseer's office and quarters (combined), (from underground stairwell) new security office, storage 1.

Facility 2 Basement 2 - New cafeteria, living quarters sector 2 (makeshift from classrooms), bathrooms, shops and traders in recreation area, (from underground stairwell) clinic, physician's office.

Facility 2 Support Ring - Maitenance office, new armory, generators, water purifier, Acguy deployment hatches, (from underground stairwell) experiment tanks and genetics lab.

Not all of these rooms will be included as explorable by the player as damage and the lockdown will prevent entry into many.

Let me know if I'm missing anything neccessary for vault life.

Sounds good I voted for concept four, it looks interesting and the most creative and unique of all of the choices.

It was mentioned on the first page that you are using 3ds max to create your meshes is there a free version or must you pay the full 300 or so $$?

I have tried blender but I don't think it works on Vista because mine did not work.

The free version is just as good as the paid for version. But you can't legally use it to create meshes and content for games as it would be a breech in legality or something of the like and could get you banned from the Nexus sites if you mention you have a pirated copy (as those are the only truly free versions besides a limited time trial version.)

I bought an old hand-me-down version from my brother so I got mine cheap, you could probably find a cheaper version at a used software store.

Blender should work, both me and my brother have it and it works on our computers (which are Vista)

Ironically #4 is the least unique of my concepts as it combines the best parts of all the other designs. I'm currently working on a model for the Vault Exterior and I plan on posting it up once it's finished.

Thanks for the fast reply. Few questions:

Out of blender and 3ds max which do:

Find the easiest to you?

Find has the best utilities?

and

Which would you recommend?

*Clarification* I was able to install blender but I was not able to install python (properly), pyff and the nif plugin also when I opened blender the font was not working properly. The main problem is that I don't know how to install the programs. :wallbash:

Thanks for the fast reply. Few questions:

Out of blender and 3ds max which do:

Find the easiest to you?

Find has the best utilities?

and

Which would you recommend?

*Clarification* I was able to install blender but I was not able to install python (properly), pyff and the nif plugin also when I opened blender the font was not working properly. The main problem is that I don't know how to install the programs.

Really, I'm no expert or even very well read on utilities. But Max I think has more as well as a plethora of tutorials to learn how to use it. So I'd personally go with Max. Though Overall I think it takes more time to learn to use.

You ought to get real bioshock-like about it.

But not so much it's like a crossover mod. I will draw a lot of inspiration for an underwater community though.

No offense but your acguy armor looks like iron man got f*cked by some legos. And i like concept 4 but you should make the entrance either slightly sunken or a few feet away from the beach.

On a side note i might be able to help you make it in GECK.