Ambitious Mod Project 1: Underwater Vault 99

OHWceta

Concept Sketches for the Vault  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Take a look at the concepts at the bottom of page 1, which version of the underwater vault looks the best and most functional?

• Concept 1
    • Concept 2
    • Concept 3
    • Concept 4
    • They all look bad, I'll let you know where you went wrong.

Acguy is based off of a Design from Mobile Suit Gundam actually. My first power armor mods are all Gundam based. (Though I do still have some work to do before getting it into the actual version that will appear in the game.)

On the note about entrance location, how exactly would the player get to the vault entrance if it was in the water? That was my main concern regarding the vault's location.

If you would like a simple map to show you an idea as to where I would like certain things (of course giving you liberty to move things around to work more efficiently)

You saw the list I posted of important places in my vault? I'd appreciate the help, feel free to email me: [email protected] or contact me on yahoo IM: bobrox15 if you want to discuss making the vault in further detail. I will warn you though that I'm currently trying to figure out if I can include underwater portions into the vault which can be walked through when using the Acguy armor, do you know anything about this issue?

One of the key features of the Acguy armor (if possible) is to act similar to the "Steel Toes Boots" in Ocarina of Time where the player will walk and attack normally as opposed to floating and swimming in bodies of water. If this is not possible it will complicate things a little and I'll have to find a way to work around this. (As part of the main quest involves walking around the Vault Exterior in the Acguy suit to activate the lockdown system) Admittedly I'm quite a N00b at this and have a lot of Ideas I doubt will be possible for the end resulting Mod once it's completed, so criticism is much appreciated.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i believe the lone wanderer can swim. So getting to the entrance would be no problem. And you could just swim around any water parts in the vault. Except of course for the radiation. Which isnt a problem unless you have a mod that makes it worse. For example XFO mod has something like that.

BTW, here's a sneak peek at Vault 99's exterior:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/OHWceta/SneakPeek.jpg

Not much really, but that's the key, this is just a little teaser showing very little of the Vault's full appearance (to get the audiance wanting more). Textures have not yet been added.

BTW, I'm going with concept 4 but I have moved a few things around.

Very interesting teaser. Looks like it's a small part of the vault against the cliff, though that's just speculation.

• 2 weeks later...

Dang it!

I just got fallout 3 on PC, (cuz of all the SWEET mods) and I was looking around seeing what kinds of ideas had already been fabricated. I was thinking that if i ever improved my modding, there should be some kind of submersibles (like those bathyspheres in Bioshock!) *sigh*.

Would love to work on this project, but I am such a noob... However, I could try and do some work on the story elements.

Don't know about Design #4 though, because if you're going for a completely submersed Vault, it shouldn't be so close to the surface (Unless that's your intent, If it is, go with it!)

P.S: I'm no professional or A-grade writer, but I'd like to think I have my own unique sort of "style" I guess you could call it.

Overall this project sounds good.

- KamiCosmic

My Mods are really only side projects to develop important modding skills to help my brother work on his DLC. And as for other languages, I don't know any, nor could I afford the Translations (Free Translator would get you crap like "All Your Base Are Belong To Us")

But it's a good idea if someone wishes to volunteer their time for it.

I don't plan on releasing "unfinished" versions to the masses, I've already picked a few Beta Testers to make sure everything works before the release of my mod, though I will be posting new information as I progress through stages of completion on the Mod (like once Textures are finished, once the Vault is put in the GECK, ect. I'll provide numerous Screenshots)

ok, sound's cool! i like the idea of a underwater-vault a lot! something new is needed in the wasteland thats for sure.

i like the concept art nr.4. with the entrance on top and his 45° angle down to the station with windows at the buttom of the ocean. cool would be a elevator and some stairs (perhabs) as well :-) to the vault. a secret passage to another underwater vault in case

of a second part of your mod would be also cool.

ok, if you need help with translation and it's coordination, just let me know and I will see what i can do for you.

and how is your quest stuff going on?

whats your brothers project btw?