Scripting

Herculine

CS Wiki is basically it. I've found it somewhat obtuse, but I've never found a good "point a to point b" scripting resource. There are two super beginner "make a message pop up" type of tutorials and the rest is mostly lists and lists of functions etc. I think there is a decent simple quest tutorial there also.

Most tutorials are quite hidden on the cs wiki, others point out to tesalliance. Generally, there isn't much.

The best course is always to find an easy vanilla script in oblivion and play with it.

If that doesn't work the way you want, you can ask people here. Step by step you'll now how to handle the things, but unfortunately.. a lot needs to be learned by yourself, by trial and error. :(...

Most tutorials are quite hidden on the cs wiki, others point out to tesalliance. Generally, there isn't much.

The best course is always to find an easy vanilla script in oblivion and play with it.

If that doesn't work the way you want, you can ask people here. Step by step you'll now how to handle the things, but unfortunately.. a lot needs to be learned by yourself, by trial and error. :(...

They aren't hidden at all :P main page links you to http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index...egory:Tutorials by clicking the "Tutorials" button, or you could click one in the top of the page

"Getting Started

Building and Editing

Scripting AI

Modeling

Texturing Animating

Quests

All Portals"

The fastest way to learn is to find a script that does or comes close to what you wanna do and figure out the logic behind the code with the help of The Construction Set Wiki''s search box or it's all functions list.

It's going be extremely slow at first. So, just keep reading and figuring out things.

I wrote my first script with the help of the wiki and when i gave up on it, i made another script without realizing that the first one actually worked.

If it can help someone like me, someone with no coding experience, then i'm sure the website can help you too.