A Question of Identity

BadPenney

In a recently closed thread, there was a comment that a certain mod would be made available only to military veterans. I can understand why someone might want to make something special for brothers in arms, but I had to ask how someone could prove that they were a veteran on the net. A response was posted that the only real way to prove it was probably to email a copy of your military ID to the mod author, and no one seemed to counter that idea.

Better to do without the mod if he won't accept your word, IMO. Not only do I think that an emailed image of ID proves nothing about you, but I also think that it is a very bad idea to float any genuine images of your personal ID on the internet. You just never know where it might end up.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/images/1103832-1253434716.jpg

imho, speaking frankly here, whoever says they will only distro a certain mod to brothers in arms on the net is a moron. Honestly. Not sure who or what mod exactly you are referring to but anyone obliging others to produce RL infoz for a ficticious game mod... well... that makes me want to smack my head against the wall, really.

btw this might be a thread better suited for the Off Topic forum section since it does not pertain specifically to Fallout3 and if you are seeking opinions of a greater number of masses, then that would be the way to go (just report the thread yourself and ask it be moved or somethin :/