My fallout.esm

Thetruemonty

I think my fallout.esm is really messed up, I made some mods with the geck, and I downloaded some, But I think somewhere down the road I accidently set fallout.esm as the active file, well now its messed up and intertwine with like 6 mods, any way to fix this? I made a new pistol that fires one shot and is a 1769 model, but I cant release it because it uses fallout.esm, and If I did, it would be illegal, cause I got pointlookout aparently intertwine in it too. Anyway to fix this?

Unless you converted it to a plugin file (which is unlikely) you won't have edited in in the GECK. If you reinstalled Fallout 3 then your master file should be just fine, so your problem is probably elsewhere.

It's possible that certain items were created/placed in the game via script, which means the changes will persist after you uninstall the mods responsible.

Cipscis

I think all FO3 mods are dependent on the Fallout3.esm. If your mod doesn't need Point Lookout or any other masterfile in order to function, but they are listed as a master, you can use FO3Edit to remove them from the list of required masters. There is an FO3Edit manual that you can download from the file section if you need help with that.

You will only get in trouble if you try to use components from DLCs in your mod if your mod does not require use of that DLC. No one is going to be able to use your mod without already having the Fallout3.esm, so that shouldn't be a legal problem.