Anyone interested in helping create a new Race?

DwainDibley

I've created "Hobbit" as a race, works to some extent but it's giving me some problems.

First the "HO" as a race=10 and the "RF/RM" identifiers don't appear to be connected in the "Charactor Generation"

I know this has something to with Name/Number identifiers but, I don't know how to connect the two.

While "race=10" worked well for the npc's I've changed and scattered throughout the game and with other characters added via my modded "PartyRecruiting" and "evoker", it does not work too well with the primary players I've manually added to the game, especially "Circle Mage". ("Dailish Hobbit" works fine, right up to the joining.)

And while it may appear in the picture that a "Hobbit" is selected in "Character Generation", that's actually a .75 Dwarf put there by selecting "Dwarf" then selecting "Hobbit". If I had selected "Human" or "Elf" first, before selecting "Hobbit", they would be standing in the "Hobbit" spot.

I think that some of my biggest problems arise due to my ignorance on naming/numbering and name/number associations. For instance; the "Hobbit" race identifier only shows up when I have the "Hobbit" module in toolset active (I used that module to create a "hobbit_default.utc", which I copied to the "override\toolsetexport\" folder), deactivate the module and the "Hobbit" race identifier disappears. As mentioned above, the character generater only identifies the icon as being "Hobbit", it doesn't identify or load the (assumed to be) associated "Hobbit" character files.

What can I say, for the most part, I was just hacking stuff up to see if it made "hobbits" work right, the short answer is, some of it did, some of it didn't. One thing is for sure though, "All Origins v3_1" got me further along the trail to adding Hobbits to the game than anything else, "DATool" deserves some credit too...

Adding a "RACE" to the game is far more complicated that my meager hacking skills can manage so I need help..

Edited by DwainDibley

Here's a list of some of the charactors I've added to the game via the APR_base.xls/gda

I've also added a Qunari Female "QF", a human female expanded 1.12 scale, which makes her shorter than Sten but taller than everybody else. She's a "race=13"

Edited by DwainDibley

• 1 month later...