adding + stealth to armor using G.E.C.K

BrutlRaven

Edit: Sorry, read your question wrong, thought you had said you were a total noob with the GECK.

This is rather easy to do, here's a quick breakdown.

To add Enchantments to any type of equip, first load up Fallout3.esm and a .esp file (if you don't have an .esp already made for your mod, you don't need to load one, when you save it'll make a new .esp)

From there, open up the Game Effects list and click on Object Effects. In the right side of the Object Window where you see the Editor ID, right click somewhere there and click on New. This will bring up a window titled Object Effect. You'll have a few boxes here. The top left is ID (this is the Editor ID) and can be any name you want, without spaces. A common tactic of modders is to add a prefix to anything they add to their mods to make finding it easier (such as a acronym of the mod, like ASR, or just 'aa' so it's always at the top of the list)

The next box is the name. With an Object Effect this will be the name of the effect that appears in game on your pipboy when viewing the 'perks' menu.

Next is the type. For your question, you'll want apparel. Finally, the effect window.

To add an effect to the effect window, right click and choose New. Now you'll get another window called Effect Item. In the dropdown box choose Stealthfield. Set the range to Self, the duration (Duration of 0 means until the item is unequipped) and finally the Magnitude (I believe the Stealthboy has a magnitude of 75)

If you want the armor to add to the Sneak skill you can also repeat part of the above process by going back to the Object Effect window (if you notice you'll now have Stealthfield as one of the effect) and right clicking then selecting New again. Then, find the effect called IncreaseSkillSneak, set up the range to self, duration, and magnitude, and voila! Skill increase on item equip.

Khet's answer is pretty comprehensive, though doing it that way will make your character always stealthed with the armor equipped. I made some camo patterned power armor and didn't want the retexture to be visible only when the armor was on the ground, so I made a script that causes the stealth function to happen only when the armor is equipped and the player starts sneaking for my Return to Shady Sands mod. You can copy the script if you want.

If you want it to only be when sneaking, all you have to do is add a condition to the Stealthfield enchantment that checks if player is sneaking. voila. :) No script required.