Quest Entry not showing up

Khet

Edit: Bah, finally figured it out. Why did they have to make quests more complicated than they needed to be? The Oblivion quest system worked perfectly fine without the need to add this much more work to get a decent quest running...

Here's the answer:

To get a journal entry (and any updates) to a quest you need to go to the Quest Objectives tab in the quest window. From there, you create a new quest objective just like making a new stage (right click in the Objective Index box and choose New) then under the Quest Objective Data, set an Index number and Display Text (the text is what will show up in-game when the objective of a quest changes). Once this is all done, return to the Quest Stages tab, choose the stage you want the quest objective to change at (In my case, the first stage of my quest) and add this command to the Result Script box "SetObjectiveDisplayed MyQuestID 1 1"

Here's a bit more of a detailed description (when I scanned it myself to see if things had changed I completely misread the entire section dealing with this) http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Bethsof...ial_Basic_Quest

Alright, this is probably a simple change from Oblivion to Fallout 3 that I haven't caught yet... but I'm not getting ANY journal entries from a quest I've made in the pipboy. In Oblivion, it was as simple as adding a journal entry in the CS and then setting the stage to that entry's number, but in Fallout 3, that doesn't seem to be happening. GetStage returns the proper number, however there's no quest added to the Pipboy.

doubt it'd help much but here's the script I'm running (quest is supposed to activate when a note is picked up, but since notes can't have scripts on them, I'm running it through the quest script) Also, I set the Quest Delay that low because something that happens requires specific timing (IE, the MOMENT they pick up the holotape). I know the SetStage works because the event is activated when the Quest hits stage 1, and the event works after picking up the note... so... help? Why isn't the quest appearing in the quest log?

scn ASRTonyQuestScript01

Short DoOnce
Short BeforeNote

Begin GameMode

If BeforeNote == 0
SetQuestDelay ASRTonyQuest .1
endIf

If DoOnce == 0
if GetHasNote ASRTonyNote01 == 1
	SetStage ASRTonyQuest 1
	Set DoOnce to 1
	Set BeforeNote to 1
	SetQuestDelay ASRTonyQuest 5
EndIf
EndIf

End

Edit: Bah, finally figured it out.

I'm going to assume that you realized that you have to add a line about displaying the stage. It is kind of nice to post the answer to your question if you figure it out yourself, in case someone down the line with the same problem dredges up your post with a search.