Why does the Talon Company hunt good people?

MythicDawnAssassin

I think the question that the OP was asking was, "Why does the Talon Company chase after you if you've merely done good in the vault and got sufficient karma to be considered "good" before leaving the practice section of the game (growing up and leaving Vault 101). How would they know if you did good or not if Talon Company is in the outside world and not the Vault?

The most likely possibility presented would be Rossum's third theory, but even then if you have a bounty over your head, wouldn't they theoretically, want to chase you period, good or not? And if you did bad in the vault, then the regulators come after you, and you have to ask yourself the same question.

They are no different than me. I'm a good character, yet I took on a killing contract for money with the Shoot-them-in-the-Head contract. No matter what you're paid in, the game is basically one of a roving mercenary taking contracts.

Someone wants me dead, Talon Company agreed to do it. It's not personal, it's just business

Who cares? they make the game less boring! Like the other people said: More people to kill, and theres nothing wrong with that!

I find it really satisfying killing things in the game, so anything that attacks me, or any group that ambushes me (I love the ambushes, and how they move in squads), will give me the opportunity to do something more exciting than just walking around in the middle of nowhere with no action.

Imagine how boring it would be, if nobody attacked you. Exploration is only exciting when theres places left to explore

Welcome your enemies my friend, be appreciative of those that would seek to end your life. Bask in the glow of the bullsh*t im talking

Who cares? they make the game less boring! Like the other people said: More people to kill, and theres nothing wrong with that!

I find it really satisfying killing things in the game, so anything that attacks me, or any group that ambushes me (I love the ambushes, and how they move in squads), will give me the opportunity to do something more exciting than just walking around in the middle of nowhere with no action.

Imagine how boring it would be, if nobody attacked you. Exploration is only exciting when theres places left to explore

Welcome your enemies my friend, be appreciative of those that would seek to end your life. Bask in the glow of the bullsh*t im talking

That would mean there is more action and less roleplaying. I don't like it when they dumb the game down, like said on this topic.

That would mean there is more action and less roleplaying. I don't like it when they dumb the game down, like said on this topic.

Yea but I dont think it makes the game dumb if it keeps you on your feet, or makes you watch your back (so to speak), just gives it more pacing. I loved bioshock, because it had an almost perfect balance of action,rpg,exploration, and a heavy sense of storyline. The balance in FO3 is good, and theres enough random enemy encounters, bases to infiltrate and wastelanders to save (or watch as they get killed by wildlife or raiders) to keep the game from inducing sleep in the player, making it more refreshing when theres gaps of action inbetween investigative, dialogue, or non-action orientated scenes. Dont get me wrong, sometimes games fail at this equilibrium completely, like Batman Arkham (thats a dumb game). Its like they tried to combine RPG/action in an open enviroment, with a high bias on action and combat. Only thing good about that game though is its looks. It gets so monotonous, and the enviroment seems pointless for some reason, when all you do is go from a to b, encounter a group of shady c*nts, do the same fight scenes over and over again, and get bored of collecting green '?'s, etc.

I think they did well balancing out the different aspects of genre in FO3, because you never get TOO bored to play. The thirst for action and killing, is followed by the need for interaction, exploration and vise-versa.

I'd say the intelligence (or dumbness) of a game like this, comes out of knowing where to balance action/rpg, not out of just removing the action.

Yea but I dont think it makes the game dumb if it keeps you on your feet, or makes you watch your back (so to speak), just gives it more pacing. I loved bioshock, because it had an almost perfect balance of action,rpg,exploration, and a heavy sense of storyline. The balance in FO3 is good, and theres enough random enemy encounters, bases to infiltrate and wastelanders to save (or watch as they get killed by wildlife or raiders) to keep the game from inducing sleep in the player, making it more refreshing when theres gaps of action inbetween investigative, dialogue, or non-action orientated scenes. Dont get me wrong, sometimes games fail at this equilibrium completely, like Batman Arkham (thats a dumb game). Its like they tried to combine RPG/action in an open enviroment, with a high bias on action and combat. Only thing good about that game though is its looks. It gets so monotonous, and the enviroment seems pointless for some reason, when all you do is go from a to b, encounter a group of shady c*nts, do the same fight scenes over and over again, and get bored of collecting green '?'s, etc.

I think they did well balancing out the different aspects of genre in FO3, because you never get TOO bored to play. The thirst for action and killing, is followed by the need for interaction, exploration and vise-versa.

I'd say the intelligence (or dumbness) of a game like this, comes out of knowing where to balance action/rpg, not out of just removing the action.

But you can't even bargain with the mercs. How's that balanced roleplaying?

It would have sense if Talon mercs would hunt you after some main quests or facts that would provoque the anger of some authorities, or because of interfering with some Talon plan. Indeed, here, it is only relayed to your "karma points"... non sense... "Ok guys ,that dumb.ss got enough good points, lets spawn to annoy him" :rolleyes: ...

In Fallout 2 there weren't Talon and the game didn't seem to be unbalanced between good and evil.

Even in F3, there are enough raiders and mutants not to get bored, would you be nice or not. But again it some stuff for casual gamers of ps3/360, oblivion was already that kind of stupid... (Well even in morrowind, with tribunal assassins that attack you, thank god there are mods to fix it :wallbash: ).