ASR-R Revamp released!

Khet

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I've released the revamp for my Alternate Start - Roleplayers mod. It's a complete remake of the entire system and while the basis of the mod stays the same (speeding up the character creation process in a unique way) nearly the entire mod is changed. Instead of using perks and changing SPECIAL/Skill, the AS-R revamp now chooses TAG skills for the player.

On top of that, nearly all of the major bugs from the previous version are no longer present, specifically the "Faction member doesn't attack back" glitch, which I've finally managed to fix. So! For the few thousand people that use AS-R be sure to get the latest version, and for those that don't use AS-R... check it out!

Also, I'll no longer support any previous version of AS-R. I do not have the original AS-R .esp and many of the errors and mistakes in the previous version don't exist anymore.

While there's still some work left to make this mod flawless and exactly how I imagine it, the revamp as it stands now is a HUGE improvement over the old version.

Go here: http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1784

Or, click the link in my signature.

Two quick questions regarding this revamped version.

Are there any issues with the main quest if you choose to start off as an Outcast? Regular BoS attacking you, having trouble entering Citadel, things like that.

Also, did you manage to find a way to create a BoS faction choice without breaking up the game? I remember that you were having problems in the past with this and I'm just wondering if you discovered some way around them.

The factions are now completely optional. This means that if you do not choose the "I am part of a Faction" option in the terminal then you will NOT have any issues. Secondly, I've changed the way that Factions are handled. Instead of the player being ADDED to the faction, they are now ALLIED with them. This means that if you are and Outcast and choose the Faction option, you are NOT part of the Outcast faction. This was required to fix an old bug from the previous versions where if you were part of a faction and attacked an NPC from the faction, they wouldn't fight back. Now, if you attack someone part of the respective faction EVERYONE will become hostile to you until you leave combat. Then they will revert to being nice.

Second: Short answer is No. The long answer is not in this version. I've already added the necessary requirements to the BoS but I am reluctant to add this feature (along with the Enclave, sorry) to the mod due to some problems that would arise with such an addition. The main focus of this revamp has been balancing all of the Professions and Classes. This means if I were to include the BoS and Enclave as options then I would have to figure out how to balance them with the rest of the Professions (while still allowing access to the Citadel/Raven Rock respectively)

That's not to say these options will never be included. As I've said, everything is there for me to add them... I just have to figure out HOW I'm going to add them. If anything I'll resort to saying that the BoS/Enclave Professions you can choose are the ones from out west and as such don't have access to the respective bases in the east. I don't know yet, we'll have to see. Needless to say, however, this is one of my priorities for future updates, along with getting all of the quests for each Profession set up and fully working.