Your favorite companions?

xoxSugah

I've used Dremora Companion almost as long as I've been playing oblivion. It's one of my favorites, but I think I'd like something new. I don't really know where to start looking for companion mods that have a decent story and quests with them. So, I thought I'd ask. What's your favorite companion?

Doesn't have to be necessarily what I'm talking about. Just your favorites.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Dremora Companion's the one that has Amoz then I use that too.. xD He's awesome.

But I really like Talitha. (CM Ainhmi) She's kinda useless if you're a close-in fighter since her arrows more often than not find your back, but she's quick and has guts.

Ruined-Tail is pretty sweet too. Just expect him to get mowed down a lot if you use OOO... but it comes with a pretty awesome story. If a little squicky at times. (Look for Ruined-Tail's Tale)

Viconia.

Do my 4 armored Skeleton lords count?

Also, is the Dremora companion really that good? I had started it but just disabled it after I was given the three requirements (And I didn't have the slightest idea where to get them) and the crazy time limit

I don't like time limits <.<

Viconia.

Do my 4 armored Skeleton lords count?

Also, is the Dremora companion really that good? I had started it but just disabled it after I was given the three requirements (And I didn't have the slightest idea where to get them) and the crazy time limit

I don't like time limits <.<

They totally count.

Dremora Companion is awesome.

The things the widow asks you for all come from in planes of Oblivion. Hearts drop off dremoras, plants are everywhere, and the soul trap works on almost everything in Oblivion (just treat it like the regular soul trap spell). It doesn't take long to get it all once you start looking in there, but you should definitely close the gate at Kvatch before you start so that more gates will open and you can find one closer to her house to save a little time. The three days she gives you are always plenty for me to get the items. Amozabael himself is pretty awesome. I love the voice they gave him and with Slof's dremora texture he looks great too. There are several different things he can do as far as combat goes and he stealths with you. He can summon mounts for the both of you and has a chest you can use for quick storage. He does a lot, but doesn't really make it feel like he's breaking the game for you.

The "home" (in quotes because it's really too big to be called a home) that you get with this later is my favorite of all the Oblivion-themed houses I've downloaded. There's so much to do and see and buy. Later on you even get a blacksmith that makes things for you.

Don't let the first quest hold you back ;) It's definitely worth it.

Edit: If you pick it up again, definitely get the walkthrough in case you get stuck.

Hearts and the plant, I can find.

I never managed to pull off a soul trap tough <.<

I swear to god, I play on three quarters to full and NEVER used a soul gem.

What are you supposed to do exactly? Cast the spell on the target and once you kill it the gem gets filled?

P.S. In spoiler tag for safety.

Hearts and the plant, I can find.

I never managed to pull off a soul trap tough <.<

I swear to god, I play on three quarters to full and NEVER used a soul gem.

What are you supposed to do exactly? Cast the spell on the target and once you kill it the gem gets filled?

P.S. In spoiler tag for safety.

Mhmm, you cast it right before you kill it. You have to kill it quick though while the spell's still active on the target. I usually beat on them a little first before I cast any kind of soul trap. You have to use the spell she gives you though. Anything else won't work for this.

I am female and generally play females, so I like Stoker Wolff. He's full-featured, convenient, and has nice voicework. I didn't like his original face very much (it's a bit cartoony compared to default Oblivion), but it is an easy tweak if one wishes a different one. I have different-race versions of him for several of my characters.