Your favorite companions?

xoxSugah

I recently had Magoza the Orc following me around for some vanilla quest stuff. It was nice sometimes, but sometimes she just got stuck under bridges and just kept running in place. I had to fast travel to the very same location I was already in to have her standing on regular ground again.

Is this an issue with companions, because the whole experience of babysitting another character was a huge turnoff for me.

Then again, it was vanilla.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm playing with 3 different companions simultaneously. Stoker Wolff, Lucien Lachance and Vaghirr - I made him by myself as CM Partner. He is a Snow Leopard - Thanks to Alien Slof for this gorgeous creature.

As a companion Stoker Wolff is best for me! Author's voice is very sexy :) I just changed Stoker's race and face. Lucien is more simple and couldn't be summoned but I like to see him alive and he fights pretty well. And my Snow Leopard CM Partner have very strange attitude but I keep him because he's so cute.

I'm playing with 3 different companions simultaneously. Stoker Wolff, Lucien Lachance and Vaghirr - I made him by myself as CM Partner. He is a Snow Leopard - Thanks to Alien Slof for this gorgeous creature.

As a companion Stoker Wolff is best for me! Author's voice is very sexy :) I just changed Stoker's race and face. Lucien is more simple and couldn't be summoned but I like to see him alive and he fights pretty well. And my Snow Leopard CM Partner have very strange attitude but I keep him because he's so cute.

Thank you! (I'm the modder and voice actor). The Vampire Hunter will extend his dialog exponentially.

I recently had Magoza the Orc following me around for some vanilla quest stuff. It was nice sometimes, but sometimes she just got stuck under bridges and just kept running in place. I had to fast travel to the very same location I was already in to have her standing on regular ground again.

Is this an issue with companions, because the whole experience of babysitting another character was a huge turnoff for me.

Fully-featured companion mods have companions that can be summoned to your location, so they are easy to 'rescue' when they get stuck or wander off. AI eccentricities will often lead to erratic behavior. I've especially found this to be true with CM Partners.

The Oblivion AI's approach to combat, in which other characters regularly hurl themselves between you and baddies, then object when you hit them, makes it necessary to have companions toggled essential, but that's also pretty standard with most companion mods.

Functionality: I was playing with Karen Iphigenia not long ago, she's a healer CM and she was a lot of fun to play with. The only downside was that her appearance was overly anime-ish. I'm pretty sure she's a Midas Magic Companion.

Appearance : Xenia. God she's hot xD

I really should find a nice Male companion for my characters, since I'm a chick. However I'm playing a STEALTH character at the moment, and well, companions don't work too well with that D:

Anyone know of a companion that works well with Assassin chars?

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=17743

My companion Stoker Wolff (male romance-able companion). He is an assassin and will be greatly expanded upon in the upcoming mod The Vampire Hunter.

Functionality: I was playing with Karen Iphigenia not long ago, she's a healer CM and she was a lot of fun to play with. The only downside was that her appearance was overly anime-ish. I'm pretty sure she's a Midas Magic Companion.

Appearance : Xenia. God she's hot xD

I really should find a nice Male companion for my characters, since I'm a chick. However I'm playing a STEALTH character at the moment, and well, companions don't work too well with that D:

Anyone know of a companion that works well with Assassin chars?