No Help In Big Town Against Mutants...

jesus1987

Hi all.

I am about to embark on the Big Town quest to rescue the friends from the Germantown Mutants. However, at the moment the settlers don't even seem to care about being attacked by mutants. It has happened twice now where I was nearby Big Town and a super mutant spotted me, so I legged it across the bridge thinking 'Haha, stupid mutant isn't gonna last a minute with me and 5 others attacking him'.

How wrong was I... The mutant ran across the bridge, of which the 'guard' that sits on the chair stood up and legged it somewhere. I ran near to another NPC, thinking they would attack the mutant if it got near. Nope. It whacked me with a nailboard, and the NPC stood there leaning against the wall :wallbash:

The next time it happened, I had just fast travelled from Megaton to the Big Town. There was a random spawn of a Super Mutant in the middle of the town ffs. Again, nobody did a thing, but I ended up killing it.

My point is, are the settlers meant to attack enemies? Or is it something to do with maybe Marts Mutant Mod affecting the behaviour of them.

Any help is grateful.

Hmm, Ok. I have done this quest before and remember that after rescuing the 'friends' from the police station that the mutants attack after returning to Big Town. I would still have thought that the normal game scripting would make the Big Town NPC's act like normal NPC humans when an enemy is attacking me...

If I were to go to another town, with a Super Mutant on my ass, would the people there automatically attack it?

Also, is it enabled in MMM for 'creature' NPC's to fight each other? Such as are Super Mutants and Centaurs meant to attack each other? (I found a Centaur alongside a Mutant, dunno if they come hand-in-hand or not). Or mutants and mirelurks etc.

Thanks