New NPCs' skin tones don't match their faces

exeHL

Making new NPCs is troublesome. While I've got the hang of taking existing NPCs and using them as templates, they all have the same problem: whenever I finish editing their face, their skin tone from the neck down is a very pale white, regardless of what race they are / what skin tone they have.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8025/fo3badarms.jpg

This should illustrate what the problem is. Don't worry about the Vault 101 guy's Pip Boy, that's just the result of a Pip Boy remover I'm using. What concerns me is that his arms and legs obviously don't match his face. Something very similar happened to my game's vanilla NPCs after one of the early patches but that problem was resolved. What do I need to go back and do to make these NPCs' skin tones match?

This is a well known Bethesda bug that started with patch 1.6. It can be cured by turning your mod into an .esm after you have finished it or by editing your .ini file. Supposedly adding "bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1" to your "FALLOUT.ini" will fix that on your own computer, though I haven't tried it yet myself.

Damn! Where were you two days ago, when this was driving me crazy. The wost part is that I do have ESPs with working NPCs, but changing those or creating new ones would break it.

Supposedly adding "bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1" to your "FALLOUT.ini" will fix that on your own computer, though I haven't tried it yet myself.

It didn't help me. Offloading all NPCs to a separate esm works fine, though.

Same problem here..got 1.5..how exactly does the offloading work? It's really annyoing since I discovered, that Red, the doc from Big Town has now a white face and a black body.

How the hell can I fix this?

Edit:

I've tried stuff like Project Beauty, but the error remains