Need help with badly weight painted mesh on armor

whorbbly

On two sets of armor in New Vegas, I noticed that the mesh was badly weight painted resulting in dislocated feet, wide flat thighs, weird bent rubber-like legs and a super wedgie when crouched and sneaking.

The two armors in question are the Lightweight Metal Armor and Leather Armor, Reinforced.

I've only seen this happen on female characters and would like to fix this.

Those two armors, especially the LW Metal, are y favorites and they look awful when crouched/sneaking.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Maybe give me step by step instructions?

Here is a previous topic from another user with pictures:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/273345-wasteland-wedgie-reinforced-leather-armor-problem/

Quick disclaimer; Not a modeling guy, and a bit lazy on the stuff I do make.

Is it just the butt? if so I'd just select it in blender (try selecting by vertex group first, then manually) and set it's weight to 1. I mean there is just the leather over her bottom so it's not like you need different weight....no plates or anything right? Anyway give me shout if that's too cryptic and I'll take a look at it in blender for you.

• 1 month later...

Hey devinpatterson,thanks for the post,i am trying to achieve the same thing as whorbbly,but don't know where to start once I've opened Blender,Blender refuses to open the .nif file,yet Nifskope will,can I get the same results with Nifskope as with Blender.

Hey devinpatterson,thanks for the post,i am trying to achieve the same thing as whorbbly,but don't know where to start once I've opened Blender,Blender refuses to open the .nif file,yet Nifskope will,can I get the same results with Nifskope as with Blender.

You'll need to look at some of the blender tutorials for fallout. Blender won't open a nif (it's not blenders native format), but it will import a nif if nifscripts are installed. I'd look at grabbing portable blender if you don't want to setup nifscripts and python.

Thanks for the link devinpatterson,I'm sorry I said 'open' the nif,I meant 'import'.

Anyways when I try to import the .nif into Blender I get an error message saying 'Syntax Error; Invalid Syntax'.

Any advice you can give me as to how to overcome this error will be much appreciated.

Hey nivea,I used the link provided by devin,downloaded X Blender but still get the invalid syntax error message when trying to import the .nif file.

So I now have two versions of Blender,both of which give me the same error message.

There is something fundamentally wrong here. The portable version I linked to is plug and play. Your importing correctly?;

file->import->NetImmerse/Gamebryo (.nif & .kf & .egm)

What nif are you trying to import (if it's custom post a link to it)?

Hey devin,here's what I do:-

1,open Blender,

2,the background window opens just before Blender,

3,in the background box are 2 messages,'Compiled with Python version 2.6.2 and 'Checking for installed p ython... got it!,

4,Blender then opens and I click the file tab,scroll down to import in the drop down box,a second drop down box opens,

5,scroll down in second box to Netimmerse/Gamebryo (.nif &.kf &.egm) and click,

6,a small error message pops up saying 'Python script error.check console,

7,minimise Blender to reveal background window,that must be the console,

8,in the console is a new message saying:-

File ''<string>'', line1

execfile(r'C\ Users\P----PC\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\.ble

nder\scripts\import\import_nif,py')

SyntaxError; invalid syntax

now that is as far as I can proceed with Blender until I learn/am told how to get past the invalid syntax error message.

The .nif I want to import is a vanilla .nif,it's the pre order Metal Armour female type or as it appears preordmetalarmorf.

Any light you can throw on the subject would be much appreciated.

Edited by daringmerlin