Help Newbie with Mods Please!

ray0071

FCOM is not a single mod, but a way to get several incompatible mods that are very popular to work together. Many others have been able to get it to work properly. And many have given up in frustration.

Before trying a huge world changing compilation like FCOM you need to learn more about how mods work, and the utility programs needed to manipulate them first. Picking mods like FCOM, Deadly Reflex or any other complex mod as your first mod is a big mistake. Start small, find a simple mod that only changes one object. install it and get it to work, then tackle a bigger mod with a house and multiple objects. add it to your mods and get it working properly. Next a mod with a quest or new world space. After about 20 or so simpler mods you will understand things like how to find and fix a missing mesh. what to do when mods conflict with each other, and how to change the mod load order and why that is important. Then tackle FCOM again. But be prepared to spend some time getting it to work properly.

FCOM is not a single mod, but a way to get several incompatible mods that are very popular to work together. Many others have been able to get it to work properly. And many have given up in frustration.

Before trying a huge world changing compilation like FCOM you need to learn more about how mods work, and the utility programs needed to manipulate them first. Picking mods like FCOM, Deadly Reflex or any other complex mod as your first mod is a big mistake. Start small, find a simple mod that only changes one object. install it and get it to work, then tackle a bigger mod with a house and multiple objects. add it to your mods and get it working properly. Next a mod with a quest or new world space. After about 20 or so simpler mods you will understand things like how to find and fix a missing mesh. what to do when mods conflict with each other, and how to change the mod load order and why that is important. Then tackle FCOM again. But be prepared to spend some time getting it to work properly.

Good advice

I was just 'really' annoyed at the time of writing the post. There is a clear warning from the creators of FCOM that the install is not an easy one - something which I chose to ignore.

Anyways, I haven't sold the game and actually still trying to get my load order to work.

Funny thing is by the time it does work, I probably know enough to make my own mods. :)