Fallout 3 with Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat stuff

Ghazstar

Question to all modders. I want to bring the stuff of Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat in Fallout 3 since they use the same engine (Havok) but I don't really know how to do it. Please reply. It could be a nice mod coming up. :)

you have to decompile the models first the models are in .mdl format so you have to get a .mdl decompiler for hl2 and decompile the models to .smd but before that you have to extract the .mdls from the games .gcf file (in the steamapps folder). after you get the models into .smd format you need to import them to a model making/ editing program like 3dsmax or blender so you gotta search the nest for a .smd import script for one of the programs. now beyond this point you need a a person that knows how to rig and texture to tell you what to do next.

No rigging is needed but u will now need to import into blender then remake the gun making any textures/material groups separate. Then separate the animated parts then smooth anything rounded. Down load the nifscripts for whatever 3d editor your using and export as a nif. Open up an existing game nif in nifskope transfer all your data over to its new nif overwriting the old nifs data. Then you will have to open up the source textures using vtf edit. export as a .tga. Then open the tga in gimp or photoshop. You will need to dl the dds plugin for photoshop or gimp as well. Then save the textures as .dds. Now add all the textures to the nif so that the nif will know where to look for the textures. save your nif. Then download the geck make your weapons in geck and then add the models you made to the corresponding weapon you just made in geck. Finally add the weapon somewhere in game and save it. The Geck in itself is a whole nother explanation on creating the weapon and sounds.

This is a really quick explanation of how the process works. You will have to look in the tutorials for a more detailed way theres a lot of steps and details.

Oh also you wont be able to release the final outcome to the community as it would copyright violation. Unless you somehow got full on written and signed proof from valve saying you can use their models, textures and sounds

But it's like FanStuff... I still need the copyrights? I fear too that they'll never give me these copyrights to a nobody as I am (like no company, no association, no site, etc.) Just a little project like that, I'm not into spending lots just for something like that...

But for how it could be done these things; That's tremendously complicated... Decompilate I dunno how to do it X(. In Fallout, I just created guns for my own personal pleasure. Anyway, it could be great, but if it means that I need to spend money, no way!

Havok is not a game engine, its a module.

its like a muffler on a car, but just because two cars share the same muffler doesnt mean you can swap out engine parts and they will guaranteed fit.

CSS uses Valve's proprietary source engine, Fallout3 uses Bethesda's a modified Gamebryo/Netimmerse engine.

I was letting him kno because he said he might make a mod out of it.

Yes, but this thing is pretty complicated at sight. I thank that was involving money but I was wrong. In the GECK, I just know how to fully modify a weapon and creating some places. That's all. When you come to the point of Blender and all that stuff, I'm lost.

CSS uses Valve's proprietary source engine, Fallout3 uses Bethesda's a modified Gamebryo/Netimmerse engine.

But they still come from the same "father". I don't think they'll change the formula greatly, so it could be similar, in a way.

Thank you again for posting here and helping me :)