Mod advice please?

Muska99

Okay, first apologies if this is in the wrong forum I wasn't entirely sure where to post it. Can anyone tell me if there is any sort of mod that lowers your level? I'm currently level 30 and am no where near finishing the game, but without the incentive of being able to level up now my interest in completing it has died down.

What I was hoping for was a mod to stick me back to level 20, or failing that a mod that ups your level cap to 40 but also considerably lowers the XP you receive. (I play the game on very hard, which I think is why I levelled up so quickly- I've not even gone to project purity the first time round to give you an idea of little of the main quest I have done. And yes I tried lowering it to hard or medium or easy but it just wasn't anywhere near as fun)

I love this game but the XP is its one major let down in my opinion. You receive so much of it, its annoying. I dont want to level up that easily, I find myself deliberately not hacking into computers or opening safes for fear of getting more XP, even though I have science and lockpick at lvl 100. (I can't be the only one that thinks this?)

Again apologies if this is in the wrong place, I have searched this site and google for days and can't find what I'm looking for so am hoping someone can help

There should be a console command that allows you to reduce your character's level. Maybe player.SetLevel "number". Not really sure of the exact code, but I'm sure that it can be done.

Here is a link to all FO3 console commands: http://fose.silverlock.org/Fallout3Commands.html

Even if you lower your level, I think you retain all skills and perks you had before. I suggest starting over and using this mod:

Extreme Leveling

Then use the 5x .esp. 10x is REALLY slow, but after around 40 hours using 5x I think I'm around level 17, this is alongside "Increase Increased Spawns" from MMM just so you get an idea of how much it slows you down.

There should be a console command that allows you to reduce your character's level. Maybe player.SetLevel "number". Not really sure of the exact code, but I'm sure that it can be done.

Here is a link to all FO3 console commands: http://fose.silverlock.org/Fallout3Commands.html

Even if you lower your level, I think you retain all skills and perks you had before. I suggest starting over and using this mod:

Extreme Leveling

Then use the 5x .esp. 10x is REALLY slow, but after around 40 hours using 5x I think I'm around level 17, this is alongside "Increase Increased Spawns" from MMM just so you get an idea of how much it slows you down.

That looks pretty good, just wish I knew about it before starting my new game- I've already wasted about 50+ hours on it. Most of it was due to the MZ add on, I accidentally got abducted when I was like a measly lvl 13 and came out lvl 20 or thereabouts. Took me days to get out of there, I was really not prepared, but when I came out I had mega advanced weaponry and had advanced about 7 levels, completely threw my game off!

I might have to start again with those mods though if there is no way to edit my current saves, as I really don't fancy carrying out with my current game if I cant level up any further.