How can I do this?

Afroherbalist

Hi, Ive never made, or studied making FO3 mods before, (tried the GECK, but it always freezes on me) but I know how to make and use my own textures and that. Basically, what I wanted to do, was edit something to do with the character inventories, so when I pickpocket some1, I can also steal their clothes! Im thinking all female nudist megaton (feel free to rip off my idea!) Also, I wanted to edit the script or code or whatever, that handles weapon condition (so the modified mesmetron never gets broken), and edit the price AND weight of the modified slave collors, so they only cost a tenner each, and weigh nothing at all (I need like 30 collers, so I dont have to go back and forth between p.falls and wherever). Lastly, something I think is critically missing from the slave collector mod, is the ability for your slaves to pull out their guns, and cap some motherfuggers if they move on you, plus its kind of weak how you can equip them with clothes, but not weapons, they just run for the hills! they should be fighting to the death for their slave master! How would I go about implementing these features or tweaks? They would improve the mods and the game SO much! Im sick of my hand-picked slaves getting murked off because they dont fight!

If anyone could help me, by telling me what to do (preferably step-by-step, Im no modder, just a FO3 gamer), I'd be really grateful.

thanks in advance!

I'm not sure about the scripting changes, but I can see the reasoning behind not arming slaves. A slave with a gun would not stay a slave, they'd kill you for their freedom. I would.

Yea but seriously man, all humour aside. Whether it seems realistic or not, I dont see why it would not be possible to set the slaves as "folllowers", you know, like fawks, and that bloke from megaton, or the kid who follows you from lamplight. Surely you can incorporate the 'assistance' of a follower, into the 'comical uselessness' of a slave.

If the slave collar is on the person, they then become a slave, but they dont do anything useful. It would be much more fun, and less pointless seeming (a waste of caps) if the slaves were forced to aid you in combat. Sure, they'd likely always be killed, but it would be far more funny to watch them charging into a deathclaw rather than pussyfooting around, and you could roll with an army of slaves ready to take a bullet for you. Plus they wouldn't attack you, because they're allied with you (whether they like it or not)

Think 'Slave + Follower AI/script'. Why cant you just take the best of both worlds?

Any ideas? I havent got a clue where to start. Any coders out there willing to help?

i think it should be possible to make it so you can steal clothes right off someone while they wear them

would require a script that forces target to unequip their apparel items. The problem would be making it so you can see what the apparel items are in the pickpocket window, so you can choose whether or not to steal them off the person.

Perhaps the script would (upon going into pickpocket mode), activate, and, duplicate targets apparel item, put it in their inventory proper, when you close the pickpocket window w/o stealing it, it is deleted. If you successfully steal the item, it forces the wearer to strip off their apparel, then deletes one of the two copies, and you get one.

Reason being, you cant see something in a persons inventory while its equipped. So that would be a way around that.

Thanks, those are the kind of comments Im looking for, ones that point me in certain directions. or give tips on something.

I know some people like to have a laugh, yea thats cool, but Im only looking for constructive comments. We can joke around and banter in another topic, but right now, im just trying to figure something out. I think it would be cool addition to the game, others dont, thats fine but no need to comment if you cant see the point of what im trying to do.

If I had coding or scripting skill, I'd just suss it out myself, or brainstorm with any1 who's interested, but I dont know any1 who is into fallout 3, especially modding or editing games. They're all music heads who just want to make tracks (like me), but I also like gaming and Ive always wanted to make my own game, which I why I try to settle for 2nd best, modding.

Again, no disrespect to anyone who wants to have a laugh, but I just want to get down to bizness, so if anyone else thinks they know what I might need to do, PLEASE SHARE THE KNOWLEDGE WITH ME!

Is it possible it might have something to do with TESsnip? I had a look at that program, and it looks like some kind of script editor, but I couldn't make heads or tail out of it.

LOL I wish it was as simple as editing a couple of INI's and CFG's!

Peace, thanks for your time!

So thats it then? Just a couple of ideas, but no help? Surely theres some people out there that know how to make this happen.

Im not asking some1 to do it for me, I want to do it myself, but I dont even know what tools I need to do it. I just need some1 to point me in the right direction, tell me what apps I need, what I need to edit ETC.

I just need a helping hand, or a heads-up, thats all.

but I can see the reasoning behind not arming slaves. A slave with a gun would not stay a slave, they'd kill you for their freedom.

Why not have their collar be rigged to blow when you die? So if you die, they die too.

That sounds like a good idea! "Hell, if im going...." "the mutilated body of a lone wonderer was found yesterday, nearby, were the bodies of six headless followers, further investigation is underway".

Im gonna just have a look through a few tutorials then, hope I come across something relevant. I thought some people might be able to tell me what I need to edit, cos they know about the engine, but hey. If I figure out even half of what I need to do, then I'll put in your idea!

peace, any other ideas are more than welcome!