Help with Point Lookout. Silly Health is Silly.

Akimb0

Update: Click here for My mod to lower their health

Hey, I decided I wanted to "nerf" those pesky Swamp Folk and Tribals in Point Lookout. For anyone else who is tired of them taking more shots than a Deathclaw hopefully you will appreciate this mod :)

I looked into the GECK and found the Swamp Folk easily, listed alongside Super Mutants. I think I found the right entry for Tribals under the NPC lists, under the various "races".

Now the part where I get lost, is when it comes to leveled lists. Do I edit ( I'll just use swamp folk as an example for now because I know where they are. ) the base creatures, e.g. the Swamp Folk entries under the "Super mutant" section? If so do I need to change anything with the "leveled creatures" ?

Since I found the Tribal references now ( Under NPCs ), again, do I need to edit the "leveled" lists? Or with they draw on the "base" stats for them and adjust them accordingly?

Any advice or directions to a tutorial of somekind would be appreciated, thanks :)

p.s. I wasn't sure where to put this, I'm not asking for someone to do it for me as such, but I'd like some help since I've never tried to edit creatures/NPCs before :)

Well first test came out slightly confusing. It seemed to work partially, but some of the "GetAV Health" returns from the Swamp Folk came out with 400 ish health still. Not sure why, I may have to pester someone with know-how to find out why. Otherwise it also seemed to kind of work, as I could headshot trackers in two hits, one was a sneak crit, the other was on "caution". Still, I could really do with some advice on how to make sure the adjustments I make are working correctly.

I think you may need to let the game respawn the characters with the new settings in order for it to work. Basically this means, leave the island for about three in game days (4 to be sure) and then return. All the changes you made should then have been applied. I'm pretty sure you are going about this the right way.

Tried it but sadly it didn't seem to work, still seeing creepers with 200+ health.

Removed/reset MMM, but now that doesn't seem to be working properly either, Some of my health changes seem to have worked, sometimes they don't though. Still hoping someone who knows what they're doing can clear up what I'm obviously missing.

Oops, think I made a slight oversight. MMM adjusts creature health etc. Need to try it without MMM active :)