Boy suspended for wearing pirate outfit

wasder

Still, I guess it ought to be his right to wear that.

you can't really be serious! Its disruptive and the school has a dress code.This is just another small reason why America continues to slide downhill.I'm shocked that you would even see validity in this.

Hmm? I don't see how it caused anything to go down. Other than the teachers who just "slammed down" on said kid because he wore different clothing.

you can't really be serious! Its disruptive and the school has a dress code.This is just another small reason why America continues to slide downhill.I'm shocked that you would even see validity in this.

Hmm? I don't see how it caused anything to go down. Other than the teachers who just "slammed down" on said kid because he wore different clothing.

they you didn't read or lacked to understand what I said! Rights don't mean you can do what you want,when you want.There are rules also. Somehow rules are a sticking point on issues I think.but then again I follow them and perhaps thats why I see the mature and grown up side of this particular topic and why he was removed from class.

American schools have dress codes? o_O

yes,many do and now you see why!

No, I don't. We also had school dress codes, but the universal ones disappeared approximately with the end of USSR. There weren't any particular sense in those ugly dresses and suits.

they you didn't read or lacked to understand what I said! Rights don't mean you can do what you want,when you want.There are rules also. Somehow rules are a sticking point on issues I think.but then again I follow them and perhaps thats why I see the mature and grown up side of this particular topic and why he was removed from class.

I see what you mean Dez. It was seen as disruptive behavior in the classroom environment. "He shouldn't have worn it to school", but it's still his religion. I see Islamic females attending schools wearing hoods as part of Islam while normal students can't wear hoods for "safety reasons". It is their religion and effectively, their right to wear it.

How about religious holidays too? Should, say, Jews not be able to get out of school on one of their holidays? It's their beliefs, and their beliefs ought to be protected from people who attack them.

Even if the Pastafarian religion seems too strange for the average person (including myself), it's still their religion, and they have their rights to follow it. If they make up an excuse to do something, though, that isn't part of the religion and take advantage of it, that's certainly when disciplinary action must be taken.

your taking this way off topic and bringing "religion" into it.Thats a forum rules violation and I'll not be party to a religious debate.A pirate costume in school is nothing more than a juvenile attemp at bringing attention to oneself,which said student did.He got attention just not what he thought he should get.This was a prank,nothing more nor less.