Adding items to vendor inventory

shayferal

I'm about to give this a try myself (again). If I get a working script written, I can hammer one out for you if you'd like.

Or if you want to give it a go yourself, Bethesda's guide on how to do it is surprisingly accurate: http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Adding_items_to_vendors#Creating_a_quest.2Fscript_to_add_the_items_to_a_vendor.27s_leveled_item_list

Note: for -any- scripting, the GECK PowerUp is almost mandatory. I've got the latest version (1.4), and it saves a -lot- of time and headaches over scripting without it.

Edit: Apparently I need help too >.> Can't get my script to fire.

Edited by WhiskeyRiver2

I'm about to give this a try myself (again). If I get a working script written, I can hammer one out for you if you'd like.

Or if you want to give it a go yourself, Bethesda's guide on how to do it is surprisingly accurate: http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Adding_items_to_vendors#Creating_a_quest.2Fscript_to_add_the_items_to_a_vendor.27s_leveled_item_list

Note: for -any- scripting, the GECK PowerUp is almost mandatory. I've got the latest version (1.4), and it saves a -lot- of time and headaches over scripting without it.

Edit: Apparently I need help too >.> Can't get my script to fire.

I know a little about scripting, I've done it before but I don't know the game's "lingo" so to speak.

Same here, man. Learning the lingo has to be the single biggest hurdle in modding, right next to getting the GECK functional in the first place.

Edit: I'm an idiot! Realized why my script won't work - I skipped about half the instructions! Where's that facepalm emote when I need it?

Edited by WhiskeyRiver2

I've created some custom ammo types for my game and I'm trying to set them into some vendors where they can be purchased, but I'm having trouble understanding how this is done.

In the GECK, note the tree to the left. Under World Objects --> Containers, you will find the vendor's inventory. Add your stuff to a generic vendor list and it will be for sale all over the Wasteland.

I've created some custom ammo types for my game and I'm trying to set them into some vendors where they can be purchased, but I'm having trouble understanding how this is done.

In the GECK, note the tree to the left. Under World Objects --> Containers, you will find the vendor's inventory. Add your stuff to a generic vendor list and it will be for sale all over the Wasteland.

What would be a generic vendors list?

---------------

Nevermind, I figured it out!

I created a new container with my ammo, assigned it to Chet in goodsprings and placed the container in his store; it shows up in his inventory.

Edited by shayferal

I'm just placing my ammo in vendor's inventory that I frequent most. And I've also added receipies for my new ammo too. Even got it set up where I have to buy the actual bullet heads by the box, and use bullets instead of lead.