Arms in first person

calyps

SOLVED

I'm working on a custom armor made from scratch and I've run into a small problem.

No arms in first person.

When I tested my armor by simply replacing leather armor, I had no problem getting my mesh to appear while in first person. But now that I've made an esp for it (by duplicating the leather armor entry and changing the name and info :tongue:) I can't get the arms/forearms to appear. Just floating hands.

I found a tutorial that indicated that naming the arms object "arms" would make them automatically be visible in 1st person. Well, that didn't work at all. All the body part groups appear to be correct.

I hope someone knows what the cause is and a fix. Thanks.

Edited by calyps

Just tested it with the Road Fighter armor by rerouting the female path and arms show in first person for that (the arms of MY mesh). So it must be my esp, unfortunately I have no idea what it could be since there's no direct 1st person setting anywhere.

The arms are rendering normally in first-person on my end after I dummied out the textures using some other vanilla textures.

I use a generic ESP for testing my own armor exports with an armor pointed at a fixed mesh path (meshes\exporttest.nif) and had no problem with your mesh other than the boobs-stretching-to-the-horizon effect that occurs when not using a bouncy-boob skeleton.

The only issue I can see is the lack of meatcaps, but those are easily imported from another armor and won't cause rendering issues.

If the NIF is fine, let's see the ESP. :tongue:

The arms are rendering normally in first-person on my end after I dummied out the textures using some other vanilla textures.

I use a generic ESP for testing my own armor exports with an armor pointed at a fixed mesh path (meshes\exporttest.nif) and had no problem with your mesh other than the boobs-stretching-to-the-horizon effect that occurs when not using a bouncy-boob skeleton.

The only issue I can see is the lack of meatcaps, but those are easily imported from another armor and won't cause rendering issues.

If the NIF is fine, let's see the ESP. :tongue:

esp https://www.dropbox.com/s/w29yjfw0crszi6r/calyps-wastelandprophet.esp

Hope I learn something. Otherwise I'll just repurpose an esp I know works.

Hmm, I'm not seeing a problem with the ARMO record at all. For some reason, it's not rendering the arms in first-person for either the male or female model, even though the male is pointed to a vanilla mesh...

Hmm...maybe I should steal from another armor's ARMO. Maybe I picked a defective one.