Narratives by Herculine

Herculine

I'm starting this new thread to post some random narratives that were at one point supposed to be part of a novel I was writing. That work was never finished, but I've received such wonderful encouragement from all my new friends here and gained confidence from reading works they have posted that I thought I would share some of this old stuff with you all. But don't expect to be able to follow the storyline because, as the title says, they're just random sections taken from an unfinished work.

Thats epic... I mean, seriously, it's amazing. Even though I obviously hadn't seen the start, I was instantly engaged in the storyand the character. It felt as if I was there.

Any chance of more of the story? I'd really like to read the rest! :P

Thats epic... I mean, seriously, it's amazing. Even though I obviously hadn't seen the start, I was instantly engaged in the storyand the character. It felt as if I was there.

Any chance of more of the story? I'd really like to read the rest! :P

Thanks. I'll get around to uploading another piece in a day or so maybe, but like I said before don't expect any kind of continuity. It might not even follow the same character. These are just some old ideas I was toying with back in high school.

Thank you for the praise. All your dragons get clicked!

What can I say.

Nice realm, You know how to use words, Its just intressing... on beggining.

You cant write nice story with narration only, It lack of dynamism. Its hard to imagine place, movements of characters. You should describe location more accuratly, maybe You should use some more stylistic means. Also I think You should chose more serious topics of novels.

Not Bad, but I see You can do much better

What can I say.

Nice realm, You know how to use words, Its just intressing... on beggining.

You cant write nice story with narration only, It lack of dynamism. Its hard to imagine place, movements of characters. You should describe location more accuratly, maybe You should use some more stylistic means. Also I think You should chose more serious topics of novels.

Not Bad, but I see You can do much better

You are correct in your observation that I don't have a grasp on the dynamic portion of the storytelling skill. That's why it remains in fragments; I haven't figured out how to put all the many ideas I have together into a single fluid story. Thank you for the constructive criticism.

I wonder, however, what is your definition of a serious topic for a novel? Politics? Religion?

Have you Read Goethe's "The Sorrows of Young Werther", Sienkiewicz's "With Fire and Sword" (Pol.: "Ogniem i mieczem" [its Polish patriotic trilogy from XVIII century, about fighting for freedom during one of biggest mess of "our" History])? You can chose topic like this, something like from real Romanticism.

Also It could be War, Difficultes of life, Problems of "unnormal families" (drugs, alcohol, violence, You know what I mean, I just dont know to say it in eng.) etc. etc.

Have you Read Goethe's "The Sorrows of Young Werther", Sienkiewicz's "With Fire and Sword" (Pol.: "Ogniem i mieczem" [its Polish patriotic trilogy from XVIII century, about fighting for freedom during one of biggest mess of "our" History])? You can chose topic like this, something like from real Romanticism.

Also It could be War, Difficultes of life, Problems of "unnormal families" (drugs, alcohol, violence, You know what I mean, I just dont know to say it in eng.) etc. etc.

Well, I have nothing against those modes of writing, per se, but they're just not my forte. My head's in the clouds, you might say. Fantasy and adventure with the right touch of erotic romance... now that's something I can do. Swords and sorcery. That's why you're finding it posted HERE.