How do you modify NPC behavier

Afroherbalist

EZ all, does anybody on here know what I need to do, in order to make the slaves from 'The Collector' mod, fight for me, instead of just running away? I have no coding knowledge, so some help would be really appreciated.

Another way to put it would be: How can I make the slaves, act like 'Fawkes' or any other fighting companion, while still being a slave in itself?

Thanks to anyone who can help! :thanks:

well when you say, 'still be a slave' what do you mean by that. Just wearing a slave collar?

To make npcs into companions i havent tried it yet, but the first thing i would do is grab some of the companion mods, take a look at them, then Copy the Scripts and content from those mods, but substitute in your own stuff.

When you are done that it should basically function just like their mods. Just gotta make sure you copy each and every script or file from the target mod to make sure its completely functional. For example, i adapted J3X's driveable tank mod into my own. When i first started, my mod required his tank mod just to run since i integrated it. I decided to make my mod standalone, so it wouldnt require it anymore, so basically i had to duplicate all his scripts and existing stuff, rename it to something of my own, then delete his originals, and bam you just absorbed a mod into your own.

i imagine you can do basically the same thing if you take one of the existing companion mods and adapt it to your liking, swapping out their character for one of your own choosing.