Creating a new landscape for a mod.

Anarchist86ed

That tutorial was good until it ended on heightmap :wallbash:

I apologize for the abrupt ending. At the time I was writing it, the then-current patch for FO3 appeared to have put a serious dent in FO3 modding. I wanted to wait until the dust settled around the issue with persistent references for custom worldspaces before continuing. Then I moved on to other things.

I had planned on getting into Unreal modding for a TC but recent computer problems have set me back a ways so I'm back on my old computer looking for projects I can work on with a 5-year old rig. I might look into adding to this tutorial but it seems like there are still a lot of problems with custom worldspaces so it might not be worth the effort. The LOD mesh generation process is prohibitive for most people making custom worldspaces (unless you happen to have a second pc you can run non-stop for weeks on end) and the issue with the floating LOD trees still seems to be plaguing even Bethesda (iirc).

I recently found this tutorial on The Engineering Guild website which you might find helpful. It's a completely different approach, but it has some good info.