Playthings - Help wanted.

Bally9

I made the mod Playthings: http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9046. I've had a lot of positive feedback and would like to continue this work. I'm aiming at making a volume of 4-5 mods along one storyline, with various voiced followers. While I have a lot of ideas, I am terrible at scripting and programming. While I've done a bit of work generating voices and have some custom meshes made, I'm at a standstill with the next mod. If anyone who likes the mod with solid scripting experience wants to help, feel free to drop me a line.

I made the mod Playthings: http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9046. I've had a lot of positive feedback and would like to continue this work. I'm aiming at making a volume of 4-5 mods along one storyline, with various voiced followers. While I have a lot of ideas, I am terrible at scripting and programming. While I've done a bit of work generating voices and have some custom meshes made, I'm at a standstill with the next mod. If anyone who likes the mod with solid scripting experience wants to help, feel free to drop me a line.

I have an idea it was inspired by the tv series "Dollhouse" shown on Fox25 and Sky, the idea as such something revolving around the imprinting process which occurs in this show. Something similar is obviously occuring in the pod shown in the Great Silo, is it possible to make some console usable giving new personalities to the playthings. The roleplaying would instead come through this method it would enable the support of many new role playing scenarios and the unlocking of others. New NPCs could be created for hosting these only they fit into the Fallout lore world. The playthings could by conversation be ordered to enter the pod for alterations. You would then select the things from the console premade etc. Of course problems could occur similar to those mentioned in the Dr Narrows console for research data.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great mod, too bad you didn't enable comments and endorsement ratings for it :). Unfortunately I don't have a clue about f3 scripting, I'm just starting to get my way around geck, your mod forced me to when i saw these two girls started to "clean" my collection of food and drinks :). So i made expansion to megaton home and set them free there to eat, drink or whatever they may do there :).

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that I have one problem. After some playing with them I noticed that time started to go way faster then normal (around one second IRL was one hour in game). To cut long(er) story short(er), this is what I mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyTV6B4NmCI

I think this mod somehow did this, only other mods I have are some clothes for type3 and animated prostitution, though the latter isn't activated yet (chat option to enable it's content), and of course, my house expansion which definitely doesn't do this, it's basically just few walls and some furniture. For some reason timescale got changed to some wild value. After entering "set timescale to 30" in console it returned to normal speed.

Also, when I loaded your mod into geck I noticed that some of default cells (i.e. AgathasHouseInterior, CapitolBuilding01...) have * beside them and I don't think they have anything to do with playthings mod. I guess something in them was inadvertently moved or something like that.

One last thing I noticed is that under "meshes\characters\_male\idleanims\Playthings" folder there is "SexAmims" folder, same name as animated prostitution folder that stores anims for that mod. Is this perhaps something that may come in future releases? :) I tried filling it with files from "real" SexAmims folders but nothing happened. I guess it would be too good to be true :).

*edit*

Correction, I just checked FMOD, animated prostitution wasn't loaded, only clothing, my house expansion and playthings.

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason when i have this mod enabled it prevents the Saram and Yoshikinakota hair packs from loading on my character. It also prevents you from selecting them in the hair style menu. I will attach a screen shot of my mod manager so you can see what i have loaded. Hope this helps you debug the Mod, looks great and i really want to try it out.

hey good to hear you're working on more.

i would offer my help but i'm not good with scripting/programming either...

like solo671 i noticed you had some stuff from the AP mod in playthings that wasn't really used...

i'm animating for AP and you might be interested to know that i'm trying to add enough positions to the mod to allow you to integrate AP into your mods (currently working on hj's)

if you care to do that. if you have any special requests, just let me know and i'll see what i can come up with.